• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

APSE15 is importing my .wav files but there is no waveform in the file on the timeline...no audio.

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, new to the forum. I've just tried importing some .wav files into my timeline in my Photoshop Elements 15 Premier. It imported the files, but there is no audio in them...just a level wave form. Anybody experienced this before?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Download Download | Audacity® and save it as a wave.

Then try agian.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was posted in The Lounge, which is a non-tech-support, not-product-specific forum. I'm moving it to a tech support forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Pariah. I am new to the forum so I don't really know how things work here. I appreciate you pointing me in the right direction!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I have not experienced it.  Can you give more detail about the files and where they came from?   Perhaps more about your computer and your procedures too?  Maybe a screenshot of your timeline.  Generally, Premiere Elements never has trouble with .wav files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Whsprague,

Thank you for replying to my delema. The files come from my Olympic Digital recorder, (model VN-960PC) recorded in .WAV format. The files are playable on my PC desktop. I am running Windows 10 on an HP Envy machine with 16Gb or Hynix RAM. The media player in Windows 10 plays the files fine. However, when I import the files into my time line on Adobe Premiere Elements 15 they import but it shows a "flat line" on the waveform. Upon playing the clip on the time line there is no audio, just as if there was just a dead empty clip. I will attempt a screen shot here to illustrate what the clip looks like...wav_problem_in_APE15.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW, I have uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 and Premiere elements 15...didn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then try agian.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bingo! That was the trick. Thank you very much Ann!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Ann+Bens  wrote

Then try agian.

Well done Ann!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines