• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Aspect ratio issue

Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating a slide show in Premiere Elements. My camera produces photos in 4:3 and I am creating a slide show in 16:9. In a previous slide show what I did was click on the picture in the display window and the grab a side and move it to the side to fill the window. When I added transitions and effects it worked perfectly. In the present slide show I did the same thing but when I use the zoom out effect a black bar appears on the left and right. I can't figure out why this is happening this time when it worked the last time. My work around has been to convert the aspect ratio of each photo from 4:3 to 16:9 which when inserted works perfectly. Has anyone got another solution.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It depends on which method you're using to create a slideshow and/or pan & zoom.

But in any event, right-click on the photo on your timeline and, under the Clip sub-menu, make sure Scale to Frame Size is unchecked. Otherwise your photo will be artificially shrunk to fit the video frame.

You can also set this in the program's preferences (under the Edit menu on a PC) by going to the preferences' General page. Just uncheck the Scale to Frame Size option. But this change in preferences will only affect photos added to your project AFTER you change this setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines