• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Attempt to edit photos but request denied due to "active layer is empty"

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why will Elements 18 not work to edit photos, stating "Could not complete your request because the active layer is empty followed by 'not enough memory'

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which program are you editing on? This sounds like Photoshop Elements (although you've posted to the Premiere Elements forum).

Which processor do you have, how much RAM and how much free, clean, defragmented space is on your hard drive?

It might also help to know the source of your JPEG, its resolution and what operating system you're using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct, it is Photoshop Elements 18. The computer is brand new Dell Inspiron 3471with 4.0 RAM  (received 1 month ago) and nearly all is available. Sorry, but obviously I am not tech savvy. Thanks for your input

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm sorry but without more specific information I can't offer more specific help, Robert.

That model of Inspiron can have i-3 processors -- and that coupled with only 4 gigs of RAM could limit you pretty severely. Though you shouldn't have a problem editing a simple JPEG in Photoshop Elements. Which is why we need more details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines