• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio and its waveform aren't in sync with each other...

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm very new to using premiere elements, I have the 2020 version. 
I am totally baffled by this issue- not sure that its a problem with Elements but would be so grateful for any insight you can offer, especially if we can fix it. 
I downloaded a royalty free mp3 from online and have imported it to use, I am producing a slideshow. I am trying to time the photo changes with the beat ot chords of the music and was watching the waveform to do this, and i find that the waveform is a consistent small gap out of sync with its own music. 
I cant find anything online about this I assume thats because its not common but it could be that I lack the right terms to search properly. 
 So hopefully this screengrab will help, I have the track lined all the way to the left at the start of the vid, the music starts instantly and as you can see the wave does not. 

Any ideas how this has happened, can I fix it, I think it will be much easier to drop the photos in line with the peaks of the waves rather than do it by ear. 

Please help, thanks so much 

Screenshot 2021-04-03 at 23.01.21.png

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've not had this happen, but I have two guesses.   

First, check Edit > Preferences > Audio Hardware > Default Input.   "No Input" is a good choice.  Other choices can bog down the preview processor and cause timeline responce issues.   

Second, if that doesn't work, try finding a converter to turn the MP3 into a WAV.  MP3's are highly compressed and your processor has to work hard to decode them.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your suggestions, unfortunately they havent helped this time. 
I think perhaps this music file is giltched, I tried re-downloading it but the second copy has the same issue. 

I can use a different track without this problem so I dont think it can be the software. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most likely the file is corrupt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ChrisElizabeth 

Can you please share the audio file here with us or to me directly in a private message? It will help us to reproduce the issue in-house.

Thanks, Gaurav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes of course, apologies for the delay I've been away from my desk for a few days. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines