• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio and Video are not Synced

Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I record gaming videos for my youtube channel. lately, I upgraded from a free software to Adobe Premiere Elements 15. Sadly I have not been impressed yet as all my videos audio is of synched when I import them. They are fine before import but after it gets more and more of sync as the video progresses. I NEED HELP. I left all my recording and video specs below. What settings should I use?

SPECS:

Video Format:

MP4

Size: 100%x100%

120 FPS

Codec: H264 (NVIDIA® NVENC)

Quality: 100

AudioFormat:

Codec: AAC

Bitrate: 192 kbps

Channels: stereo

Frequency: 48000 Hz

Any help ASAP will be greatly appreciated

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Premier Elements is a video editor designed around cameras that shoot in a constant frame rate.  Video capture devices and software seem to use variable frame rates.  I don't know why, but it will cause sync problems.  

To fix it, you can run your captured video through something like Handbrake and convert the variable frame rate to a fixed frame rate.  Others have done this and been successful.

I don't know which of the half dozen "affordable" video editors are ideal for captured, variable fram

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premier Elements is a video editor designed around cameras that shoot in a constant frame rate.  Video capture devices and software seem to use variable frame rates.  I don't know why, but it will cause sync problems.  

To fix it, you can run your captured video through something like Handbrake and convert the variable frame rate to a fixed frame rate.  Others have done this and been successful.

I don't know which of the half dozen "affordable" video editors are ideal for captured, variable frame rate footage.  If you find one, I would be interested to know. 

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill is absolutely right. FRAPS and other software used to record videos on your computer nearly always produce video with a variable frame rate -- which results in out of sync issues when you load it into a video editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Handbrake works great, Thanks man!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great!  Can you mark my answer "correct".  I get points and, at my current rate, I might get free software in a decade or so!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yup!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great. Thanks, I will let you know how Handbrake works out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines