Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio fading in and out

Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 2020.

Can anybody tell me why when I right click on an audio track on Audio 1 and click on fade in/out it does not work. Just to mention there is a small 5.1 being displayed just by the wording Audio 1 if that's anything......

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have moved your post from Photoshop Elements to the Premiere Elements forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently your video has 5.1 audio -- so your project needs to be set up for 5.1 audio so you can adjust each of your camcorder's five audio tracks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After applying if you can see yellow ribbon on your audio clip like below image, that means fade-in and fade-out are working fine. Basically that yellow ribbon on audio clip shows the volume of the audio, fade-in means start from low volume and then gradually increases and fade-out means opposite i.e. starts with high volume and gradually decreases. : Screenshot 2020-04-09 at 11.37.37 AM.png

If after applying fade-in and fade-out you can hear the same patterns of volume I described above that means it's working fine.

Thanks, Gaurav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.

I can move the yellow ribbon up and down and I can even put marker dots on it and adjust an up and down pattern in the middle but the audio level does not change. It seems to be on my time line with a fixed level and that is it. I have tried down loading the clip many times and it is happening on other clips as well. I think it is a setting somewhere that I can't find. Even when I right click on it and surgest fade in it stays normal. 

What I have found is that I am editing three videos at the same time. If I just upload one video it seems to be ok. Also at the end of each line is a mall 5.1 symbol.

Driving me mad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said in my post, you're trying to edit 5.1 audio in a project that's set up for stereo.

If you go to the Edit menu of your project, what is listed for audio on the General page under Project Settings?

As an experiment, try starting a new project and add only your 5.1 audio video to your timeline. Do you see a yellow orange "render" line above the clip. (You should not.) If you do not, look under the Edit menu and see which audio specs are listed under Project Settings for this project.

RenderLine.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Audios settings are:

Sample rate  48000Hz

Display format:  Audio Samples    only other option is Milliseconds

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rather than digging deeper into this, it appears you're trying to combine standard stereo with 5.1 audio.

The simplest solution is to convert the 5.1 audio to stereo. You can do this by converting all of your 5.1 video into standard MP4s using the free download Handbrake. My tutorial shows you how to do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same issues. Sometimes I can have zero issues with audio fade, other times it simply shows a straight orange line and can only be moved up and down but not fade from beginning to end.

Attached are the audio and video properties showing both are stereo.

Also image showing Yellow and orange lines on audio clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines