• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio questions

Participant ,
May 31, 2019 May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1)  Is there a way to make the Audio Mixer default to +6 DB?  As it is I have to do it for every audio clip.

2)  I read somewhere on the web that the application would display an audio trace.  Where/how do I do this?

. Windows 10 -- Premiere Elements 2018 -- Photoshop CC

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 01, 2019 Jun 01, 2019

Click the little arrow inside the red circle to expand the audio line.  Then grab the line inside the rectangle with your mouse and drag the line up. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2019 Jun 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) Not that I know of.

2) I don't know what an audio trace is and couldn't find a definition online. What do use this tool for? There may be something similar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to call it something and audio trace came to mind.  I meant something like this https://i.stack.imgur.com/lk3zh.png.

lk3zh.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click the little arrow inside the red circle to expand the audio line.  Then grab the line inside the rectangle with your mouse and drag the line up. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't figure out how to do what you suggested but your post led me to the answer.  If I Double Click on the audio ribbon the audio plot (common term) comes up.  Thanks for working with me.  I wouldn't have thought of the answer  if you hadn't replied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the correct answer mark.  Now it is your turn!  I tried double clicking in several spots and get nothing.  Where exactly are you double clicking on the "audio ribbon"?

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Untitled-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK!  Thanks.  I see now.  Double clicking on an audio track not linked to video is different than I expected. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried toggling open the track the clicking the triangle on the track header, as Bill suggested in his illustration?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it doesn't give what I want and I've discovered this quick way

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2019 Jun 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Input is Gain, output is Volume.

If your audio comes in too soft you correct that with Gain.

Set a shortcut for Gain in the Keyboard Customization.

Select all clips in Project Assets, hit the shortcut and set the Gain to +6 (or whatever desired value).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines