• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have imported different types of audio-files (MP3, MPEG 4 audio,  but I can't get any sound under my video's.

TOPICS
Import , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that no video or audio that you've added to the program play any sound?

Do you see an audio waveform on your audio file when you add it to your timeline?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem.  when importing from a functioning DVD, the audio tracks have a flat line...no sound in them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the sound waves but do not have sound from my video scenes? Ive checked all the audio mixer settings.

Any ideas? Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that no video or audio that you've added to the program play any sound?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

video is fine.  audio track is there but just a flat line & no sound plays.  this is when importing from a DVD using elements 2019.   Project was created w/ earlier versionof elements (but copy of DVD burned by roxio).  DVD plays fine w/ sound on computer or DVD player

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's likely your DVD is using AC3 Dolby Sound, which is no longer supported in Premiere Elements. Are you using Windows 10?

As for your DVD video, open it in the free download MediaInfo. In MediaInfo, set View to Text and then copy the repor that is generated and paste it to this forum. Once we know the specs of your source video we'll have a better idea what is up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, windows 10

Audio stream 192 kb/s 48 kHz 2 channels AC-3 (DVD video) (Dolby Digital)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The AC-3 audio is likely the issue -- although it should not be on Windows 10.

I'm not sure I'm able to dig any deeper than that since we've already hijacked this thread from the original poster. But I still have one important question:

Is it only your video's audio that won't play, or does a WAV file added to your movie also not play?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s .vob files that have nothing in the audio tracks
If I add an .ac3 file, it works.
The problem is with video projects created in older versions of premiere, now on a DVD
When I import the from the DVD into element 2019, video is OK, audio tracks appear, but contain nothing – flat line

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How did you get the video from the DVD? Did you put the DVD in your computer's drive and use Add Media/From DVD or Computer Drive to rip the files to your hard drive?

If not, try it and see if it makes a difference. Sometimes manually copying files from disc to computer using your operating system doesn't get all the necessary files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines