• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto Smart Tone / Auto Analyzer very slow

Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am attempting to run Auto Smart Tone on a ten second clip.  It starts by invoking Auto Analyzer which is very slow.  It takes 4 minutes to cover about 10% so that would presumably be about 40 minutes in total if I were to let it run.  Is this normal performance?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without knowing more about your situation, I would have to guess that it is about the computer you are using and the footage involved.  Things like Smart Tone and Auto Analyzer with high quality (4K?) footage take a lot of computer resources.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The PC I am using has an intel core i7 processor running at 3.4 GHz with 16GB of RAM and a 64 bit Windows 10 operating system.  The file is an MP4 h.264 1920x1080.  The full file is about 30 mins but I was trying this on just a 10 second clip.  If I try auto analyzer in the project assets panel it is similarly very slow.  Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked to see what version you are using and you have not said.  I'm using 2019, the current one.  I tried to duplicate your situation with a short 4K clip.  I've also got a i7/16GB computer.   In my case it both the Auto Analyzer in the Projects Panel and Auto Smart Tone on the timeline work quickly. 

With a google search I found cases where the two features cause some frustration.  I wonder if if it has been improved?  Or maybe there are some differences in our preference setting. 

I'm not sure what questions to ask you!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am using 2019.  It's bizarre!  I have two files which are identical except that one has been renamed.  If I create a new project and add one of them into project assets I can run auto analyzer and it completes almost immediately.  If I start anew and load the other file and run auto analyzer I get the problem I previously described i.e. it runs very slowly.  In both cases when I log out I get an error message "CA Headless has encountered an error".  Does this throw any light on the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry.  I can't help!  Maybe someone else can. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone else help me with this please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update:  I have experimented further today and now I can't get auto analyzer to work efficiently (i.e. within a reasonable time) on any files that I import and I no longer get the "CA Headless" error message.  Does this inconsistency of behaviour suggest a bug in the software?  Should I try re-installing the system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines