Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto smart tone results in quirky tone transitions between "scenes"

New Here ,
Feb 29, 2020 Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

I'm using the latest Premiere Elements 2020 to full satisfaction, but there's a nasty issues that bugs me on quite a few clips recently. When using the auto smart tone function results as are expected (=great), but in some clips it will suddenly change tone from one frame on the next in the middle of the clip. This results in unusable material. I've added an example - two screenshots after applying auto smart tone, two subsequent frames in the middle of the clip.

Premiere_quirk_2.jpg

The reference guide says: "the clip gets divided into visually similar scenes (You can see the scene marks in the timeline)". First of all: please don't do this if this leads to quirky tone changes in the middle of the clip 🙂 Secondly: I don't see the scene marks in the timeline, so I can't correct any of the tone changes between those computer identified scenes.

Premiere_quirk_1.jpg

Last thing I've noticed: when applying the auto stabilize function to the same clip, it also trips the stabilisation zoom at the exact same point in time, making the clip again unusable. How does Premiere work with those visually similar scenes, and how can I turn it off OR adjust the outcome of those separate scenes?

Thanks!

Hans

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?