• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AVCHD, BlueRay and Premier Elements 2020

Contributor ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need a good source of information to understand what happens to my video after I edit it in (now) PE 2020. My thinking says my AVCHD video is HD or Bluray equivlent. Now PE 2020 does not allow me to burn to bluray/AVCHD as my earlier version 2013 did. So this community says I can use a third party software to create the video in BR/AVCHD. IF I create the video in PE2020 it is saved to some form of DVD or MP4 so I can export to later burn it to a BR disk witht he aforementioned 3rd party software. Now I have to convert the MP4 back to BR/AVCHD to burn it. Have I not lost some of my original AVCHD quality and therefore not actually creating a unaltered copy of my original video. Basically I'm taking a AVCHD quailty video and dropping it into DVD quality format. Another way to ask it is can I save a bluray file to MP4 and back again without loss of any file detail (vid quality).

I know it is rambling incoherent fodder but if there is not time for this here, perhaps someone has a good source suggest for researching this on my own.  Thanks in advance. 

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AVCHD is high-def video, 1920x1080 pixels. DVD video is standard resolution, 720x480. If you're asking if you can down-rez your HD video to DVD and then up-rez it back to high-def and not lose resolution, the answer is no. That's not possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well sort of. I thought AVCHD was the equivelent to Bluray as far as resolution. SO, I shot  my video in AVCHD and then I processed it in PE2020. I dont think there is a option to burn it or save it to Bluray so I have to save it to MP4 or DVD. That is disappointing. Now I still have PE2013 and I use it to burn my Bluray files but it is disappointing I cant do it in my 2020 version.

edit: Did a little Google time and I guess the MP4 is more like the container and not the image qaulity nesassarily, So I can have a HD in MP4 or even a UHD (4K) in MP4 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines