• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bad Export Quality of Premier Elements 2020

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying multiple things and I cannot for the life of me get the quality of my videos reasonable. 

I screen record while I am drawing with flashback and the quality is great when I export it from the flashback editor (I only have the free version so I cannot edit videos in flashback.) Exported from flashback as WMVExported from flashback as WMVThen exported in video through PremierThen exported in video through Premier

The top is great, you can read the text and video plays fine. The bottom is after I place it into premier, speed up the video, and then export it. It looks AWFUL and I am unsure of what to do because I have limited time. I have tried rendering the whole video before exporting at all the highest quality settings and nothing is changing. 
I just need help. It's frustrating and I am short on time. 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Performance , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Your project is SD, but your export is HD, so it will be less clear when exported.

What are the pixel dimentions of the media you are putting on the timeline in Premiere Elements?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will need to know what export settings you are using (you did use "Export and Share"?).   4K, HD, etc?

Have you tried the custom/advanced export settings - where a whole lot of custom options open up? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What resolution (pixels) did you do the screenrecording

What are the project settings.

What are your export settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. The final quality of the media after export is dependent on various factors.

In addition to the questions asked by the experts above, I'd like to know if you checked the preview in more than one media player

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, I have actually on multiple and all of them the quality is the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use export and share and I have tried at every quality and a couple different custom qualities and none make a difference. I have rendered the movie before export as well and it doesn't seem to make a difference. I am not a pro, by any means, and did not expect this to be such an issue. I feel very in over my head. 

This is the settings for export on flashbackThis is the settings for export on flashbackThis is the general setting for capturing with flashbackThis is the general setting for capturing with flashback
Those are the general settings that I just leave them at because they work fine and I don't know a whole lot about how all this works. I'm unwilling to purchase the whole program because it records gameplay absolutly horrendously. 
If it is my screencapturing software I am unsure what to use that Premier won't compress into garbage. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here are more specifics for premier if that helps. premeirexp.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a way to upload the original file from Flashback (to online storage, like dropbox) and also the output file from Elements?  Someone can then place the original file into Elements, then see what happens when 4K is chosen for the final output.

Something is not adding up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, who should I send it to though?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not to anyone specific.  Can you just share the link to the files here?  Would be better if several experts can look at thme.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, yes, duh me. I will do that, it might be slow but it'll happen eventually. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please answer all of Ann's questions:

What resolution (pixels) did you do the screenrecording?

What are the project settings?

What are your export settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OPE I forgot the project setting pictures too: Sorry I'm busy today 
Project SettingsProject SettingsProject settingsProject settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your project is SD, but your export is HD, so it will be less clear when exported.

What are the pixel dimentions of the media you are putting on the timeline in Premiere Elements?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, I uploaded to dropbox but the filetype is only viewable not downloadable if I were to share it so that doesn't help. 
The pixel width of the media I put on the timeline of Premier are 1552 wide by 1016 high.

I really appreciate the help.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Peru Bob has the answer.  Your Flashback output is Brady Bunch resolution.  Elements doesn't have much to work with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, I had a hunch but wasn't sure. Now I have to find a good screen recording software. Thanks for the help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Now I have to find a good screen recording software."

Look at Snagit.  If that doesn't look good, try Camtasia.  Both are from Techsmith. 

https://www.techsmith.com/screen-recorder.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good and free: https://camstudio.org/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines