Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Beat Marker doesnt work on keyboard shortcut on my Premiere Elements 14

Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

I am struggling to get Premiere Elements 14 to let me use a keyboard shortcut to mark music beats on the timeline using the shortcut asterisk key on the numeric keypad. I have also tried to change the preset key to something else but that didn't work either. 

The asterisk key intermittently works to put an unnumbered timeline marker on the timeline if the project is not playing. I however want to insert manual beat markers while the project/music is playing as I don't like the way the auto beat detect works. I don't find it very good at identifying the dominant beat.

Any suggestions please

Kind regards

Linda

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Hi, I found the answer thanks.

Edit, keyboard customization, TIMELINE, set timeline markers, unnumbered, then set your own keyboard shortcut, OK.

With that keystroke, you can set unnumbered timeline markers as the project is playing to use as manual beat markers.

Hope this helps someone else.

Kind regards

Linda

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I found the answer thanks.

Edit, keyboard customization, TIMELINE, set timeline markers, unnumbered, then set your own keyboard shortcut, OK.

With that keystroke, you can set unnumbered timeline markers as the project is playing to use as manual beat markers.

Hope this helps someone else.

Kind regards

Linda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines