• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Black borders on Export

Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. I try exporting it as an mp4 at 720p, but it still has a black border around it. No-one seems to know how to fix it and I'm at my wits end now. I'm using Premiere Elements. I'll experiment with only using a video input at the same res (720p) and see if that 'mismatch' is the issue, as I'm making a compilation video made up of all sorts of video sizes. Some are 480p, 720, and I think there's one or two lower than that.

[Moderator note: moving from the Premiere Pro forum to the Premiere Elements forum for proper replies.]

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

You have a 720x576 project that you're trying to output a 1280x720 video from it.

What happens if you output a 720x576 MP4 from your project.\

BTW, are you sure you're using Premiere Elements? If so, which version? Your project settings screen doesn't look like a Premiere Elements screen and if it's a very old version of the program, you may not be able to work with the video you have in its present form.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is that there is a mismatch between your project and the specs of your video.

1. Under the Edit menu, what is listed on the General page under Project Settings?

2. Open our original video in the free download MediaInfo. In MediaInfo, set View to Text and then copy the text in this report and paste it to this forum.

Once we know your project settings and your complete video specs we'll be able to tell you how best to proceed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. This is the information. I'm making a compilation of short samples from many videos comprising of several different aspect ratios. The info in the second point is of the first video I put on the timeline.

1: 

General Project SettingsGeneral Project Settings

2: 

General
Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : Base Media
Codec ID : isom (isom/iso2/avc1/mp41)
File size : 23.1 MiB
Duration : 4 min 28 s
Overall bit rate : 722 kb/s
Writing application : Lavf56.40.101

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : Main@L3
Format settings : CABAC / 3 Ref Frames
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, Reference frames : 3 frames
Codec ID : avc1
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
Bit rate : 590 kb/s
Width : 854 pixels
Height : 480 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 25.000 FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.058
Stream size : 18.9 MiB (82%)
Codec configuration box : avcC

Audio
ID : 2
Format : AAC LC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec Low Complexity
Codec ID : mp4a-40-2
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 126 kb/s
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel layout : L R
Sampling rate : 44.1 kHz
Frame rate : 43.066 FPS (1024 SPF)
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 4.02 MiB (17%)
Default : Yes
Alternate group : 1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have a 720x576 project that you're trying to output a 1280x720 video from it.

What happens if you output a 720x576 MP4 from your project.\

BTW, are you sure you're using Premiere Elements? If so, which version? Your project settings screen doesn't look like a Premiere Elements screen and if it's a very old version of the program, you may not be able to work with the video you have in its present form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try saving as 720x576, or 2180x720, it seems to work now. I think deselecting 'scale to frame size' on each video and scaling it manually helped a lot, and when the project was 720x576, it made it more difficult. I didn't know you could change the project resolution settings before saving the project when you start. I've made a 720p project now, and it seems to be fine. Thanks a lot for that.

I'm using Premiere Elements 8.0. I've had it for years. But I think most of my problem was not understanding the software well enough.

I'll definitely get more adobe stuff. I want to do an animated project at some point; showing my ancestry through time, tracking its movement across a map of the world. I don't know what I would use for that? Maybe After Effects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects is a professional tool and will definitely do what you're trying to do. But if you're trying to do 3D modeling effects (like going around a globe) you'll also need to master a program that can create models and animate them in 3D.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this is the same problem, I have exported text elements as png.'s and then added them into premiere pro.
Once i export them, theres a slight drop in qaulity and a slight drop shadow happens. I dont see this in the timeline, but as soon as i export that happens.
I'm working on a 1920x1080 seq. I tried exporting in a few formats, quicktime, h.264 etc. and it kept happening

Does anyone know of this?

Screenshot 2022-11-04 at 11.56.03.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are posting in the wrong forum, this is for Elements.

Make a new post in https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/ct-p/ct-premiere-pro?page=1&sort=latest_replies&lang=all...

And no its not the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines