Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Black pixels and worst playback on timeline

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I just did some drone footage with my GoPro Hero3+. The gopro left me 3 video clips from my 3 shoots. They where taken on the same day but at different times.
When I insert 2 of them they work flawless with premiere elements 15. But the last one is useless in Premiere.

I get black pixels and the playback from the timeline is terrible, even if I try to render the video. When I play the video from the Project Assest the media player pops up in premiere and lets me play it before I add it to the timeline. Everything runs smoothly there. I have tried to run it on VLC, windows mediaplayer and everything is good there. No laggy video or pixels there. I even installed Lightworks and there is no issues there with the video, no black pixels or lagg. If I add the rest of my videos to the same timeline/project in premiere, everything runs great except the footage I have problems with.

I just post my hardware spec. I dont think this is the problem since I have never had any problems with my hardware before. The CPU is old but its just means that the export time takes longer. There is no Issues whats so every when I play the video in another program. Premiere is installed on my C drive. I know the SSD performance is good enough. But I have tried to put it on the same drive. different SSD and even a spinndrive. Same problem. Looks to me this is not a playback issue but something buggy in permiere rather then the video clip itself. I did try to copy the clip from the SD card again just to be sure it manage to be corrupted over filetransfer. But it still working good on every device I have tried.

WIN 10 OS
Intel i5 2700k CPU

16GB 1600Mhz Ram

1070 GTX Nvidia

Samsung 250GB

On the screenshot I took. You can see the bad quality from the timeline on the left and right side is from adobe media player before I add it to the timeline.

Adobe crappy.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't say if your video specs are 1920x1080 or 4k, but that can be significant.

Open one of your GoPro videos in the free download MediaInfo. Set MediaInfo's View menu to Text and then copy and paste the report it generates to this forum.

Meantime, in Premiere Elements, look under the Edit menu and post what is listed on the General page under Project Settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2018 Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dont matter if its HD or 4k from the source. Its still showing crap from the timeline. All the other videos I have recorded with the same camera works fine. Even the second video I recorded that day works fine.

I did manage to find the solution. I reinstalled premiere and when I started the program again. It ask me a question that I first clicked YES to. But on the second install i clicked NO. And I got no black pixels when I play from the timeline with this clip now. Cant remeber the message. But it works fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2018 Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do know that the preview you're seeing in the Monitor panel is not a 100% accurate display of what you'll see when you output your movie, right? It's a preview only.

You can see a cleaner display in the Monitor by right-clicking on it and selecting a higher playback quality. And you can improve the quality of the rendered playback by selecting a higher quality option in the program's preferences.

But it's still not necessarily going to be a totally accurate representation of what your final video will look like. It's just a playback preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Hofstader,

You might have accidently clicked on "yes" on the video merge dialog while adding the clip to timeline which might be causing the issue. To resolve the issue, right click on the clip, select the option "Clip->Remove effects".

Please let me know if that resolves the issue.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines