• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blu-ray disc building in Premiere Elements 2020

New Here ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got Blu-ray drive with recording functions and Premiere Elements 2020. However the only option for disc exporting available to me now is DVD (burning and ISO). What settings should I make to switch Blu-ray on? Many thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Export , Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe dropped the ability to create BluRays from Premiere Elements a couple of generations ago. If you want to create a BluRay, you'll either have to find a pre-version 15 version of the program or do your editing in Premiere Elements and create your DVDs and BluRays in a third-party program like DVD Architect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for the clarifications! Though sad to hear that.. I was misled then with their help guidance saying about Blu-ray export. Just noticed it was applicable to 15 version and earlier ones. Wouldn't purchased it if knew. 

May be there is any 3rd party plugin to make it within Premiere anyhow? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you bought it less than a month ago from Adobe you might try to get your money back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What possible motivation was there to Drop the ability to burn to blue ray other than they have shares in some other burning software.. This is suppose to be for making movies??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will have to search to verify this, but my 'general' understanding is the the owner of the specification (Sony?) has become very aggressive in enforcing their copyright, forcing anyone who does not to pay a steep licensing fee to leave the market

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe dropped its Dolby support. Hence the ability to burn to BD.

You can still export which BD settings. You get 2 files one for video and one for audio (PCM).

TMPGEnc Authoring Works 6 - The Ultimate DVD / Blu-ray / AVCHD Authoring Tool - Pegasys Inc.

will author and burn it to disk (no re-encoding).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this info. I thought it was a hardware issue.

This was a LAME move. I'll be looking for another video editing option as 3rd party options can be too difficult.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Steve Grisetti is dvd architect still available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. DVD Architect has been discontinued along with virtually every other disc authoring system out there.

TMPGEnc makes a disc authoring program called Authoring Works 6. That's one of the few stand-alone BluRay authoring program I know of. CyberLink PowerDirector includes disc authoring with its video editor. But as has been discussed, there are so few people burning movies to DVD and BluRay now, virtually all the best disc authoring programs (including Adobe's Encore) have been terminated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But as has been discussed, there are so few people burning movies to DVD and BluRay

You be surprised.

Quite a few people have dropped Elements for this reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DVDs and Blu-Rays have served their purposed.  USA stores like Blockbuster and Video Only are gone.   Netflix, Disney Plus and Amazon are how we watch movies.  Laptops don't come with optical disc drives anymore.  If I hope anyone in my circle watches one of my short videos I have to put it where they can watch it on their phones, tablets, computers or Roku.  My two college going grandaughters don't have TVs or players at all!  

DVDs and Blu-Rays both have resolution limits.  Wall mounted TVs are all 4K now.    All the current mirroless cameras have 4K or better now.  Shoot 4K, edit in 4K and watch (via memory stick) on your 4K TV.  It is better!  

Instead of buying discs, consider that it is time to move on to a more universal distribution using avenues like DropBox, Google Drive or YouTube.  My personal favorite is Vimeo.  I pay Vimeo about what I used to spend on discs.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know DVD and BD are on their way out.

But you are missing the point. There are still people out there that use/make dvd and bluray. And its not helpful to say move on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I share your frustration, Ann. Discs are great ways to share home movies with friends and family.

But the reality is the reality. Every year fewer and fewer software companies are supporting disc creation. Adobe is just one of the companies that has ended support for its disc authoring apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know DVD and BD are on their way out.

But you are missing the point. There are still people out there that use/make dvd and bluray. And its not helpful to say move on.

By @Ann Bens

Thanks, Ann.  You and I don't disagree.  Disc making should still be part of any NLE.  My point is that there may now be better ways to share videos, especially with the universal adoption of smart, portable, connected devices.   Perhaps it would be better to just point frustrated customers to the Cyberlink and Magix products so they can still make discs.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just love it when people say that everyone doesnt do this or that anymore. Wrong! They said music CDs were on their way out but millions of people still use them. They said that vinyl was on their way out, I see them in all the stores now-bigger and better. I think sometimes people get caught in a bubble with like minded people. Recently I had a pro computer built to learn PP and the builder looked at me when I requested a bluray drive be installed. I do watch movies on streaming devices and also love my blurays, dvds and music CDs. They now make 4k bluray players and I love getting cds, dvds and blurays from the local library. To each his own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2021 Jul 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just love it when people say that everyone doesnt do this or that anymore. Wrong! 

By @seniornewbie

Did I say that?  If so, I apologize.  I still maintain that, moving forward, we videographers may want to expand our delivery methods.  As an example, I have two college age granddaughters.  They helped me transition from photography to video ten years ago.  We made DVDs!  Now, they have moved to campus.  The don't have disc players.  If I want to share a video with them it has to be in a format that works on their phones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with what you say but its crazy to an old timer like me how millenials and younger can do everything on a cell phone. I can also, but why?  I have to wear readers to see the cell phone screen lol. There is nothing like watching video or movie on a big screen tv. Remember Imax theaters before the pandemic. Nothing beats the experience of a big screen. I use a 32 inch screen for my desktop--so much easier than a phone or Ipad for doing anything. I assume when Pros create edited videos for a customer they usually put it on a thumbdrive. Dont they have to find out first if  the cusotmer has a tv that can play a thumb drive? I suppose Im talkng about older generations. Or do editors think  that everyone watches stuff on a cell phone?  To put it simply, what if i as a cusotmer want a movie made from video clips to watch on a regular big screen tv with as high a quality as possible--what medium do you put your product on. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

........... To put it simply, what if i as a cusotmer want a movie made from video clips to watch on a regular big screen tv with as high a quality as possible--what medium do you put your product on. 

By @seniornewbie

"Regular big screen tv" means what is called 4K or UHD.   A trip to a store with large TVs on display will confirm it.  It has been that way for a half dozen years, maybe longer.   Cameras and phones now all shoot 4K too.  So, my current standards are to shoot in 4K, edit in 4K and output in 4K so I can watch on my 4K TV.   I use a USB memory stick.   However, both YouTube and Vimeo support it too.  

I will also, if needed, output an HD version when I know my viewers don't have better, use a phone or don't care.  

It is commonly said that 4K is useless for watching TV.  I agree because of the signal compression necessary to get so many channels through a cable or from a satelite.   

If a paying customer only has an 'old' HD TV and an old DVD player you will have to do whatever you can to get paid.  If the customer has a Blu-Ray player, they should have a USB or SD card slot if you can't make a Blu-Ray for them.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines