• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blu Ray stopped recognising discs after years of being fine.

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, after using Elements 13 (fully updated) for the past 3 years and burning to BluRays all fine and dandy, a week ago it just stopped.   Now, when I put in a blank BluRay it says "Incompatible Disk" in the status section.  Thinking it was my drive, I replaced it for another - but I still have the same error message.  Both drives and discs work fine with other software.

What happened?  Any ideas?  Any fixes out there?  Or has Adobe done something to try and force me to upgrade or buy Encore?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe certainly has not changed a four year old version of the program -- so whatever has changed has changed on your system. (Adobe stopped making Encore several years ago, by the way. And the newest versions of Premiere Elements don't include BluRay production.)

It certainly could be a Windows update (assuming you're using Windows 10).

I assume you're getting your disc drive's firmware directly from the manufacturer rather letting Windows supply it.

Rather than struggling with it, it might be easiest to just create ISO files on your hard drive rather than burning directly to a disc. A number of programs -- including free programs -- will create DVDs and BluRays from your ISO files. But that's up to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just tried on another machine, with a different burner, and different disks - same issue came up.  I'll try the ISO way out.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Going back to early 2016 I was working on a fairly large project with PE 13 (on a WIN7 PC) and ran into the issue whereby PE13 could burn a DVD directly or create an image that ImgBurn could burn but could NOT do this with BluRay.

Via this forum we determined that BluRay ISOs larger than 1GB (which isn't much) were "flawed" and that trying to burn directly to a BluRay disc produced "No media Present".  I was finally advised to contact Adobe Customer Support via Chat (I had proved that PE14 trial DID work in both cases).  After chatting with 2 Adobe engineers they accepted my evidence (I worked in Service Support for a major computer manufacturer & thus knew how to present such evidence) and they gave me a free update to PE14 which solved all issues.

However, this was at the time when PE14 was the current product - it is no longer (as you have probably read PE 2018 & 2019 do not support burning to BluRay nor the creation of BluRay ISOs).  As has been pointed out the requirement tio create Blurays has generally diminished - nowadays one created .mp4 files which are either uploaded to YouTube or copied to a USB stick which is then inserted directly into the USB port on a TV or in the BluRay player...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines