• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blue Screen Crashes after upgrading to Premiere Elements 2018. What's wrong?

New Here ,
Dec 25, 2017 Dec 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a new laptop and immediately downloaded my old Premiere Elements 12, and purchased an upgrade to the 2018 version. Whenever I opened the program, my laptop goes black and returns with a blue screen, prompting either to troubleshoot or restart. I uninstalled and reinstalled 4 times and the same thing happens everytime I open the program.

Internet surfing and other programs work fine! I even went back to my email with the intention to re-download the exe. file but the link doesn't work! I can't seem to find any downloadable links in my adobe account too. Please help! I'd appreciate your solutions in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blue screen crashes are virtually unheard of with Premiere Elements 2018 on a Windows 10 computer, so it's likely something is buggy on the operating system level.

You haven't said. Are you running Windows 10?

First thing to do is to go to the AMD or nVidia site and ensure you have the latest drivers for your video card.

Beyond that we'd need to know what operating system you have, what processor, how much RAM and how much free, clean, defragmented space is on your hard drive.

Also, you seem to say that the program crashes as soon as it launches -- before you even add media to it. That might also indicate a memory issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Steve,

Thanks for your quick response! I am running a brand new Dell XPS 13, the 8th generation Intel i7 chipset on Windows 10. I have 16GB DDR3 RAM, with 256GB PCIe Solid State Drive.

I have not encountered any blue screen crashes while running other software, i.e. Microsoft Office, Final Draft etc. but only occurs when I try to load the Premiere Elements application.

Is there something that can be done? Maybe re-download the upgrade patch and re-installing? (the link that was sent to my email has also now been rendered invalid - an error prompts when I got re-directed)...

Not too sure if it helps, but I wouldn't mind topping up to buy the full client file if this helps to solve the problem, stemming from the possible error during the upgrade process.

Looking forward to your feedback! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

l_gletscher  wrote

Hello Steve,

Thanks for your quick response! I am running a brand new Dell XPS 13, the 8th generation Intel i7 chipset on Windows 10.

I'm not Steve, but:

Even a new laptop may not have the latest drivers.  I'd follow Steve's advice and see if a new video driver is available either from Dell or the card manufacturer.

I have not encountered any blue screen crashes while running other software

It could be that a new driver will have specific enhancements that will affect Premiere Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peru Bob, how do I find out if there's a new driver from Dell or the card manufacturer? Possible to access the information online or do I have to contact them directly?

I actually spoke with 4 Adobe agents yesterday and nothing got done. Yikes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dell's support page should be your first stop. They have a page full of drivers specifically for your model of laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines