• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Branched] Elements 15 voice and movie out of sync.

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Ann,

I have copied all my Video 8 movies to my Mac. The copied movies on my Mac are in the mp4 format.When I use my Elements Premiere 15 to playback these movies they are fine. When I edit multiple clips from several mp4 movies to make a new movie the voice & movie are out of sync. Can this issue be solved? (I have tried a number of sources to rectify this issue but none have given me a satisfactory solution). The handbrake solution did not make any difference when I tried it on some movies& the other solutions are too complex & out of my competance level. I bought this software to make copying as easy as possible & I have been (for the most part) happy with Elements Premiere 15, but I would really appreciate advice on how to get voice & movie in sync, which is very frustrating. Do the later versions of Adobe Elements address this issue & solve it?

Gary Reynolds

Norway 

[Branched by mod]

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Gary,

I'm not Ann.  But, I think she would say that the probable issue is that your Video 8 movies were created with a varible frame rate.  She might suggest a Handbrake procedure to change that to a fixed frame rate.  

With the progress if iPhones that also use variable frame rates, later versions of Premiere Elements may be better at that.  A trial is free.

Harder work but maybe effective is to use the (free) program Audacity.  There is a YouTube that will show you the procedure.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2kLOnOnx9c

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines