• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Broken after Windows 10 update?

Participant ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today, Tuesday 5/22, there was a major Windows 10 update, and since then Elements is acting very strangely. Two significant issues: everything is in slow motion and there's no audio! And everything was working perfectly right before the update.

Have there been any other reports of problems after this update?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davidm6207557  wrote

Have there been any other reports of problems after this update?

Mine is fine after the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Computers – they're only people, right? I just tried changing the audio output: nothing. Then I switched to the original output and not only did the audio work but everything was normal speed. Who the hell knows. Anyway, thanks for letting me know it wasn't the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I updated Windows 10 yesterday morning and then the audio in my workspace didn't work after that.  I checked the original audio file on my computer and it did work.  I tried a bunch of different things, closed & reopened my draft workspace, tried different projects, and I don't know why, but after some time, it all of a sudden worked again.  Now today I have the same problem.  The audio doesn't work.  The original audio works.  I've closed and reopened the file several times, went to recent projects and back, but I still don't have the audio back.  I don't see any problem with the video part.  Also, I did the "export & share" rendering and the audio worked on the resulting product, but it still isn't working on my draft workspace, which is still a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting! Today the same thing happened again: no audio (but at least no slo-mo), with just two sections of an edited video. I tried yesterday's method – changing the audio hardware then changing it back – and it didn't work.

One thing, though; while editing this video I accidentally hit the shortcut to enter Skype, and remembered that, in addition to the update, one other thing happened between the last time I used Elements and when it didn't work properly – I made a Skype audio call. So I wonder if there could be a relationship? Especially suspicious is that I'd been working in the section which lost audio when I inadvertently entered Skye. And the other section was adjacent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't do Skype, so that's not the problem with my audio/music...I still don't have sound in my workspace. (Prem.El. 15)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try going to Edit > Preferences > Audio Hardware and try changes to what it shows. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know about ElisabetB but that's what I did; it worked one time and not the next.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just went to Edit - Pref - Audio Hardware, as suggested by whsprague (thank you!), and I clicked on everything - but didn't change anything.  And the sound works now!!  BUT I DON'T KNOW FOR HOW LONG.  So I'm going to work on my project now, and will let you know how it turns out later.  I'm concerned it may not work next time, but we'll see.  I'm too chicken to try closing & reopening right now; I want to finish the video I'm working on first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case after the update video playback doesn't work at all, PE just stops responding altogether.  An uninstall/reinstall was suggested on the Windows forum but was not successful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is hard to beg for specifics, but without them it is hard to try to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To continue where I left off in my comments on May 24, I finished my videos while I had the sound working, closed Prem. El. yesterday, turned it back on today, and the sound still works.  So for me, this is solved.  Possibly thanks to whsprague's comment.  (I don't know if it was solved for David, the original poster.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines