Highlighted

BSOD while rendering PE15

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using Premiere Elements 9. Occasionally it would crash to blue screen while rendering. After a restart, it would work.

Recently it had quit working after a restart, and it crashes to the blue screen of death 100% of the time. So I upgraded to PE15 in the hopes that maybe a more recent program would do the trick. No such luck. Whenever I render the video, it goes for a bit then hits the bsod.

Windows 10 Pro

Gigabyte motherboard

Intel i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz,

RAM 32.0 GB

64-bit

Updated: Videocard drivers, PE via the help menu, Quicktime,etc.

I've used BurnIn Test to see if there was a system problem, but it checked out A-OK.

I'm at a loss here, and haven't been able to output any videos for a couple of months now. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

BSOD while rendering PE15

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using Premiere Elements 9. Occasionally it would crash to blue screen while rendering. After a restart, it would work.

Recently it had quit working after a restart, and it crashes to the blue screen of death 100% of the time. So I upgraded to PE15 in the hopes that maybe a more recent program would do the trick. No such luck. Whenever I render the video, it goes for a bit then hits the bsod.

Windows 10 Pro

Gigabyte motherboard

Intel i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz,

RAM 32.0 GB

64-bit

Updated: Videocard drivers, PE via the help menu, Quicktime,etc.

I've used BurnIn Test to see if there was a system problem, but it checked out A-OK.

I'm at a loss here, and haven't been able to output any videos for a couple of months now. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 26, 2017 0
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone? Bueller?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 28, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's nothing obvious, based on the information you've provided. So bumping the topic isn't helpful.

Have you tried contacting Adobe Customer Care via chat? They can walk you through the process of troubleshooting your issues.

Customer Care

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 29, 2017 0
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, it did help. Thanks for the comment. No I hadn't gone through the issues with Adobe over a chat line. I didn't realize there was one.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 29, 2017 0
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, live chat.

I un-checked the hardware acceleration as suggest. bsod

I rolled back my video drivers as suggested. bsod

I have plenty of space left on my hard drive. Still no idea why it's crashing on me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 29, 2017 0
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after the above two blue screens while chatting with the online help, I had another two bluescreens after they took control of my computer and renamed some files.

When I logged on tonight, I was told it is with their senior engineers and to expect a response in 24-48 hours.

I'll post the results in the hopes that it might help someone in the future.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 30, 2017 0
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get a result? I seem to be having the same issue. Just installed and when I render, bsod. So frustrating.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 08, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BSOD is usually a hardware issue.

Overheating?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 09, 2017 0
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turns out the CPU didn't like running at 100% for too long. The bsod stopped and it now renders just fine running at 95% of the CPU processing power.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 09, 2017 0