• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Burned DVD skips and jerks in places.

Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2019 Aug 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Premiere elements 12, I have completed a project consisting of two slideshows created in Photoshop. The program works great and looks great until I burn it to a DVD. Playing the disc on my stand alone DVD player hooked to my large screen digital TV, the video and sound jerk and skip in places. Any suggestions? I used Verbatim discs on my Dell XPS 8700 PC.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 10, 2019 Aug 10, 2019

Was the slideshow created using Photoshop, Photoshop Elements or the Elements Organizer? It makes a difference.

Also how did you get it from the slideshow creator into Premiere Elements?

But most importantly, do you see jerkiness when you play the DVD on your computer or only when you play it on your DVD player? The problem could be that the disc player doesn't like home-burned DVDs.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2019 Aug 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was the slideshow created using Photoshop, Photoshop Elements or the Elements Organizer? It makes a difference.

Also how did you get it from the slideshow creator into Premiere Elements?

But most importantly, do you see jerkiness when you play the DVD on your computer or only when you play it on your DVD player? The problem could be that the disc player doesn't like home-burned DVDs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The slideshow was created on Adobe Photoshop Elements 12.

It was then exported as a .wmv file.

That file was then copied to Adobe Premiere Elements 12 media center.

The finished produce played perfectly on the PC. It was burned to a good quality disc. That disk skipped, jerked, etc. a few times in the first stand alone DVD player I used. However, I tried another make (actually cheaper) DVD player and it played fine with no skips, etc. Therefore, I am convinced the burn was fine. Thank you for your reply. My advice to anyone else experiencing skips or jerkiness try another DVD player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Funny thing is cheap players on a whole play disks better then expensive ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It does indeed, look like a player problem.  I had trouble with CDs in a Bose unit. They fixed it, saying that if a CD /DVD player has not been used for a while, dust / damp can get inside the slot & cause jerkiness or even disc error. I bought a cleaning disc, which I run from time to time, & this seems to help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines