• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Burned DVD won't play back

Participant ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new HP Envy computer and have never had this problem with my Dell. I now have an external DVD player/burner on my HP. I am using PE 12 and have never had this problem before. I have done numerous projects and always have had success in burning and play back.

I am using Windows 10 and am able to burn my project to a DVD it will play in my computer but when I go to install it in my Sony DVD player it will not recognize the disc. I have tried both -R and +R disc and neither of them will work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have tried reaching out to HP but they want to "charge me" and my laptop is brand new. 

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sony disc players are notorious for not reading home-burned discs. If you're disc plays on your computer, Premiere Elements successfully created a playable disc.

As a test, try playing your DVD on a non-Sony disc player or on a friend's DVD player. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you use a proper brand.

Maybe dvd player needs a firmware update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay I just now read these replies for some reason they were not coming into my e-mail box so I was not viewing them. I have just posted a response to Steve on another thread as I did not see this one. Sorry for any confusion.

I will try to use another friends DVD player but with this virus thing going on that might be a problem. But I will give that a try.

Also in response to Ann, I am using a Verbatim -R disc to burn on, have used them in the past with the same DVD player and no problem. Not sure how to do a firmware update on it, any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines