• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Burner not detected in Premiere Elements 2021

Contributor ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings, My Premiere Elements 2021 is not detecting my Pioneer BDXL/DVD burner. The drive is active and has the latest drivers installed from Pioneer. When I tried to burn a simple DVD to Disk Premiere  says no burner detected. I can create a ISO in adobe and I can burn to DVD with windows and other burn softeare I have but I would like to use the feature supplied in the Adobe software. Anyone hear of this before or can suggest a fix? FYI This burner has done well before with my 2018, 2019 and 2020 versions of Premiere Elements but this is the first time I tried to burn a DVD since upgrading to 2021. I still have 2020 installed and it won't detect the burner now either. Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was your disc burner factory installed or did you install it yourself?

If it came with your computer, you should first try going to your manfacturer's web site (HP, Compaq, etc.), looking up your computer's model and downloading the original firmware for this drive (as opposed to using the latest drivers from Pioneer). This sometimes resolves this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Hangerbum,

Can you try the below steps and share the logs to help us better understand the issue?

1. Press WIN+R

2. Type the following commands:

• %Appdata%\Adobe\Adobe ASWrapper Server\19.0\
  • %Appdata%\Adobe\Premiere Elements\19.0\logs

3. Share the log files present at the location.

Also, as already stated by Steve, can you share the details whether it's an internal burner or external burner? And, you can also try the ISO burn functionality and let me know whether it's working fine on your machine or not?

Let me know in case of any doubt.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay ..appreciate the response. I was to get a email when someone responded and I did not ....so .... I have the logs but cant paste them here. There are only two at the moment as I installed a new drive which I proabably needed anyway. So, the PC is a custom built mid tower,the BDdrive is new today and is a Asus 16x Mdisc supported, the Pioneer was not. I have several other burning software and all have no issues with this or the Pioneer burner and when I had Premiere Elements 2020 mounted it was working fine this past year or so. When I purchased the upgrade to 2021 both version quit allowing me to burn to Disc. As stated the ISO 4 and 8 still work 

ow the logs.... I will venture out into google cloud to see if I can post and get a link for this BB and insert the link..... asap

Thanks for the input!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well the word from Tech support (Finally) is that my brand new asus BD burner is not on the approved list for Premier Elements 2021. However, My Pioneer (that did not work either) is on the approved list. So I think they punted.

Also, the Pioneer worked with the 2020 ver, it was not until I purchased the 2021 upgrade that all went to H*ll. So until they find enough complaints a good reason to go into testing, one should scrutinize the adobe list for tested cs/dvd/BD burners or stick with what you have now. 

IGuess I can check here periodically to see if anyone has had the same issue and actually found the reason. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the followup question here is "Cyberlink or Nero??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And the answer is 'whichever works best for you and best fits your workflow.'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A little something to chew on. Disenchanted with paying for this 2021 P.O.S I decided to write it off as a lesson learned. Paid for 2020 and 2021 and cant use either one in so far as burning to BD or DVD. Then I thought I'll reload 2013 and make use of what works. 2013 works just fine, BD, DVD, ISO what ever I want. Was thinking, I wish I had known 2 versions ago, I would not have bothered upgrading, I'm losing something with every upgrade anyway... audio codec support, Blu-ray disc burn support etc. Then after buring all afternon with 2013 I though...I wonder..... so I booted up 2021 (never uninstalled it) and what do you know...BURNER DETECTED.... both of them.

So, makes me wonder if there is a driver file in 2013 that is missing in 2020-2021 and after loading 2013 2021 is drawing from it. Wondered if we're the victim of another proprietory driver-codec-program that Adobe doesnt want to support/royalty. So for what it is worth, and as long as it last.... BURNER DETECTED. Wish it could still make *&^%$# DVD menus. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I like to know where this so-called supported burner list is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's missing the packages that link to burning support.  To get them, install a software package that came with your burner, or install adobe encorecs6.

I tried both of these, and can confirm that ALL burners began showing up.

This was on windows.

Macs no longer have BURN support, but, if you can find an old OS and run it in emulation, you can get this to run.  If you would prefer, you can bootcamp windows, and run it there.  Mac has gone digital only, which has cut out a very useful section of capability for the rest of us who still use it.  Toast Titanium will add support for burning, but so far as I've seen, only works within it's own apps.  Encore will not open, nor install, so I cannot help you there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines