• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Burner not detected

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using adobe premier elements 2020 to try to burn a DVD of a video taken with a video recorder. Everything sets up normally and works as expected except it fails to let me export to disc and start the DVD burn saying no burner detected. If I export to .iso file and then burn with both my laptop's and an external DVDRW, they work fine. I used the usb DVDRW drive to test just in case. Have reviewed other adobe posts and went to hp site for the current drivers for the optical drive (standard 650 g2 probook drive), un and reinstalled the drive, multiple reboots, and windows 10 is up to date. Both drives work to burn from other programs like roxio, nero, and even the windows burner.  However adobe says none detected. I tried to find the list of compatible drives since Elements says I dont have a compatible burner but was unable to find said list. Any other suggestions?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you are on version 2020 you have access to a "chat" session with Adobe staff.  They can remotely trouble shoot your computer.  There is a link in the Help menu for that.  Click on "Online Support".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Online support just told me "I would like to inform you Dvd burn feature is no longer available."

WTF

Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree.

I have a MAC with Elements 2018 and 2020.  Fortunately, when I "upgraded" to 2020, I didn't delete 2018 version, and up until yesterday, when I wanted to burn a DVD - it worked.  Now I'm getting the "no burner detected" message, despite having used that drive to download music a short while earler.  Adobe is deciding for you what you should and shouldn't be able to do.  No longer the fan I once was.  Effectively purchased an upgrade, that's worth nothing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Dvd burn feature is no longer available.."

In the release notes is says if you are on an Apple computer, there is no disc burning.   On a Windows computer, DVD burning remains, but not Blu-Ray.  

If you bought directly from Adobe, there is a short refund period.  Hopefully this limitation was discovered in the free trial.  

Like it or not, DVDs are following VHS and cassette tapes.   

If there is a positive side, it might be a good time to transition to other ways of sharing videos.  DVD have terrible "picture quality" by current standard.  Blu-Rays are better, but we are moving past that too.   DVD rentals have reduced from major chains (like Hollywood Video) to automated vending machines (like Redbox).    We can share our videos online (YouTube and Vimeo) where anyone can see them with anything they own.   We can put our videos on a USB memory stick and plug it directly into newer, higher resolution, flat screen TVs.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used previous versions of Elements to burn dvd's of trip highlights and sports teams seasons for YEARS, and have never had a problem with the quality of the picture on the screen.  Use the best available features to create the video, and go with it.  For Adobe to make this decision on their own is beyond frustrating.  EVERYONE is not a milleneal who stares at their phones all day.  Some of us "older" people enjoy handing a player a DVD of the team's season or a close friend a DVD of a recently completed trip to keep forever.  You've now taken away this ability.  Getting old is one thing, Adobe deciding it for me is insulting.  I'm sure I'm not alone. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Elements 2021 says it will burn DVD from Windows 10 and Premiere Elements performs well on my Dell G3, but will not recognize my external Dell DVD burner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Easy way around is to make an iso and burn with ImgBurn or CDburnerXP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"but will not recognize my external Dell DVD burner."

VL-Mike,

There are no settings in Premiere Elements to change that will fix this.   If it were me, I would be looking in the Windows device management sytem of drivers and settings.   My experience is that routine Windows updates can make changes to device drivers that change the way devices work.  As an owner of version 2021, you have access to Adobe techs that can remotely troubleshoot for you and problably fix it.  Try an online chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines