• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Burning a disc in an old version of Premier Elements

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a perfectly  good working version of Premier Elements 7 ( purchased years ago) now installed on a new PC with Windows 10.  Yes old but good enough for me. My Mini DV Camcorder is a Panasonic NV -GS 280.  Again old,  but a great camera.  I can down load a mini DVs taken years ago  into  Premieier Elemnts 7 using a firewire cable. In turn I can organise and edit the movie. When I come to burning a disc this is when the trouble starts. A message directs me to an Adobe web site to activate the function. Nothing!  I talk  to Adobe. They  say that 7 is no longer suported. I down load a trail version oe Elements 2020. This  does not support my camera. Does anybody have any good isdeas asto how I can burn a disc of a movie edited  and ready in Element 7?

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you've seen, Adobe no longer supports earlier versions of their programs. And that is a VERY early version of the program. So activation of these features isn't likely possible.

If you are able to burn a folder of your DVD files to your hard drive, we can certainly help you burn these files to a DVD disc. If the program is not able to create even these files, it may be necessary to work with a third party DVD creation program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve

Thanks for this. Sorry I've been a litte slow in replying. When you say   'Burn a folder of your DVD files to your hard disc' what do  you actually mean by the word 'burn'?  Once I know what you expect me to do,  I'll give it a whirl. I am an 80 year old endeavouring to master Windows 10 functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set your Encore DVD/BluRay output to an ISO file or to a folder on your hard drive and then use something like the FREE https://www.imgburn.com/ to write files or folders or ISO to disc for DVD or BluRay (send the author a PayPal donation if you like his program - DO be sure to uncheck anything you don't want from the download site)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Encore is an obsolete program that is not related to Premiere Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry... did a copy paste without changing Encore to Premiere Elements... the subject of this discussion

But, Imgburn will work the the folder/iso output of any program

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah but no activation no iso....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

>no activation no iso

The original message only mentioned not being able to burn a disc... but I guess that also means not being able to create a folder as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines