• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Burning DVD on Premier Elements 2020

New Here ,
Dec 24, 2019 Dec 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used a previous version of Premier Elements.  Now just getting back into it with 2020 version.  Creating a DVD is more dificult than ever.  First attempt creative menu but the program will not recognize or burn to my DVD burner.  I can create a ISO version but still not able to get a functioning DVD.  IS there a work around?  I prefer the older version better but I no longer have that. 

Does any one else have this issue?

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2019 Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are on a Mac, there is no optical disk support in Premiere Elements 2020.  If you are on Windows, you can make DVDs, but not Blu-Rays.   The connection to the burner is through the operating system and drivers that come with the disc drive.   That has to be fixed if burning is not working.   A work around is to Export a file and then use softare like Imgburn to make the disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  I am using PC.  Other programs recognize my DVD burner, such as Windows Media player, but the Premier program will not recognize it.  Any ideas on how to get Premier to recognize?   IS Imgburn simple to use and will will it keep the menu and scenes which are created in Premier Elemnets? 

My previous version was Premier Elements 15 and it was much easier to make a DVD.  Thought 2020 would be an inmprovement.

Any help would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Imgburn is what it says: it burns image or iso's.

Have to export the dvd as an image/iso from Elements.

Imgburn is easy to use.

I use CDburnerXP for my disks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a Mac, can I make a menu DVD ? I got no optical drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. not with 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good evening. I just purchased 2020 to benefit from the features unavailable in Version 7. I am frustrated and greatly disappointed with Adobe. I spent a day preparing a video to share with my wife on our wedding anniversary. Last step, create the DVD. Piece of cake, right. After all the DVD burning feature works swell in Version 7. Alas, 2020 fails to recognize the DVD drive. 2020 fails to recognize the replacement DVD drive, too. Please permit the Adobe's Premiere Elements "expert" to ferret out the solution to this problem. I suggest a cogent, reasonable solution (or workaround). If you cannot provide a reasonable answer you will force me into the arms of one of your competitors. And, please don't permit the expert to embarass herself or himself by telling me some other software claimed the drive. Thanks in advance for you support. My wife will be greatly pleased when she sees the video you help me produce. I am willing to work with you to attempt any reasonable test or computer hardware/software modification to solve this problem. After all, what good are all the new 2020 features if you can't see the finished product on your video screen? Have a good evening; and stay safe during CV.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not Adobe.   This is a user-to-user forum where experienced users (I am not necessarily one) help others.

Workarounds have been given on this thread.

However, most users (myself included) have migrated away from optical discs & just export MP4 files

which can either be uploaded to YouTube etc or played back from a computer or even copied to a USB

stick & inserted into (modern) televisions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why put in a feature if it doesn't work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works for me. Always has, even previous versions of the program on my last four computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello everybody.

I think I see your problem, but I cannot be certain. It would be great if you could somehow put in some info, but I'll point out what I think throws everybody at the end.

The info needed:

Your Operating system version and any "Flavor" attached to that name...  ...Me lately: Windows 10 Pro (Workstation*)

That last part, "Pro (Workstation*) is very vital.  In "HOME", "Education", "PRO" versions alone, there are several high end services unavailable.  The one you need most is in PRO for a fact, Possibly education, but that has caveats, but I haven't seen it in HOME versions.  What is it?  The Disc burning\reading architectures, the joliet reader, the burning service enabler...

When adobe makes these, they build them on what they believe will still be there, but Microsoft is notorious lately for leaving out or removing some older, less common, functions from their more bargain software packages for windows.  Other software companies build their own sandbox (you don't $h!t in somebody elses sandbox) operations for disc burning and don't pass through the OS.  The downside of this is that you have to handle the memory and resource allocation in your own app, and if somebody uses a machine that barely meets requirements, after a while the function will start having issues.  I've seen it happen... ...It's happened to me.

Adobe has taken a different direction with their SAAS model as of late.  Their software relies on system elements to handle resource management.  Unfortunately, Microsoft isn't exactly open about the resources they include or exclude, or change.  This is also why After Effects still has a sound engine problem in windows, and requires you to swap out hardware selection to "reaquire" the older hardware links you wish to use.

On a Mac?  You aren't completely screwed... ...well, maybe... ...Encore still works on many of them, but won't for long.  You may have to use an emulator to run windows, or perhaps use WINE if you have an intel mac, then just wrap the windows version of this app inside a WINE bottle (Google it).  The best version of windows to use?  Windows 7.  All the disc burning stuff you need is in the home version, with a few extra pieces in the pro\ultimate versions.  You won't really have all this available to adjust, but if you still have problems, go with a win7 install for dual boot or emulator like vmware fusion.

I'm going to test my theory.  I'm going to buy this right now, and I'll check it out.

I've been using Encore for a long time, but my PC took a splatter, and I've reformatted with win10pro Workstation, with a customized install and services running to read\write the joliet and UDF file systems for optical media.

It is true that macs have no remaining code in them to make dvd\blu-ray.  If you really want a suite for that, Cyberlink, DVDFAB, Magix\Sony vegas.  They all have a discbuilding architecture that does exactly what I described above.  Adobe, like apple, have dropped all of that.  They will poll the system, and if there is no resource controller in the system, it won't show the capability.

Most win10 editions do come with some ISO burning ability.  However, I have found that PowerIso is most useful.  There are others: IMG burn for one.  Nero, Cyberlink.  Cyberlink usually comes with your burner and will burn an iso.  But it is usually the older, very limited version of the burning software, which can quit after a while.  They also have a SAAS model you can get in on, so you can set up your own workaround for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines