• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Burning DVDs in Adobe Premiere Elements 14 at Full Res

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to burn a DVD in Premiere Elements 14 at full resolution/ file size and cannot do so. I am using an HP Envy Windows Laptap with 16G Ram. Most of the images are still photos from a high res camera with just a handful of video clips.

I have created an MP4 file in Elements 14 that is about 26 minutes long and is 4.4G in file size. When burning a DVD, it resizes the 4.4G file size to 1.66G, even though I am within the length/ file size tolerance to fit on a blank DVD. There are no menu selections that I can find that will let me burn the DVD at full res/ file size. Any suggestions or fixes?

Ken in Colorado

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are burning the mp4 to a video dvd it will get re-encoded.

Hence the smaller size.

File size depends on bitrate x duration.

DVD will never exceed 10 Mbps (max is more around 9 Mbps)

To fill a entire dvd you need about 90-120 minutes of video depending on the compression.

In other words 30 minutes of video will never fill the entire dvd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ken,

Assuming you have a Blu-Ray player, consider the choice for creating an "AVCHD Disk".   It creates a HD "Blu-Ray" specification, uses plain single or double sided DVD disks and uses an ordinary DVD burner.   The result is significantly superior to DVDs.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines