• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Burning multiple projects to DVD

Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some HD movies (1920 x 1080) that I have edited in PRE 19 and I wish to share them with family members in the UK on DVDs.

The original MP4 file was input to PRE using project presets PAL DSLR 1080p 25.  I have divided the project into several short pieces and worked on them individually.  As far as I can gather from Steve Grisetti’s guide, the process would be:

• Export the individual projects to my computer hard drive as MP4s
  • Re-input them into PRE to form one project
  • Add menu markers and create a movie menu
  • Export the one project as an ISO image with SD 576 resolution
  • Burn the ISO image to a DVD

Is this the correct or best way of doing it?  I am assuming multiple projects cannot be written directly into a single ISO or burned to a single DVD without being made into a single project first.

Can I burn the ISO image to DVD using Windows Media Player (Windows 10) or would it be advisable to get Steve’s recommended software ImgBurn?  What advantage does ImgBurn provide?

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't comment on the quality of all of Steve Grisetti's recommendations, but I just want to make sure you're clear that, even if you separate your movies with scene markers, they won't appear on your DVD as separate movies. Each menu marker will get you to the beginning of a movie -- but then the disk will play completely through from there. In other words, if you select movie number 2, the disk will play movie number 2, then number 3, then number 4, etc. Premiere Elements' disk authoring system isn't sophisticated enough to create several individual features.

Just want to make sure you're clear on that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the advice on how scene markers work.

Could you please advise whether the process I have described is correct and the best way of doing this?

You can't comment on your own recommendations?  Really?  I was just looking for a factual comparison between ImgBurn and Windows Media Player so I can decide which to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines