• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I export directly to a USB from Elements 15?

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2017 Jun 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I export directly to a USB from Elements 15?

I tried exporting a project yesterday from Elements 15 using my partners MacBook Air (OS X El Capitan 10.11.6). Because there is not enough space on The Mac I exported via the device settings, on HD 1920x1080 and chose my USB stick as the destination. However, once the export finished, it did not export the video properly? It came up as a MOV. file but wasn't unplayable and only 24 bytes, when it was a 45min video that should be around 5GB. The USB has more than enough free space on it! Am I doing anything wrong? Would I be able to export and save to an external hard drive instead? Or does it have to be saved to the Mac or Laptop itself? And help would be really appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Export & Share settings did you select for your output? An MOV can be using any of dozens of codecs. The codec and compression level used would determine the size of your output file.

I'd recommend you output using Export & Share/Devices/Computer/1920x1080 with the MP4 format option. This file will play on any computer.

What device are you trying to play your MOV on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

USB stick wont hold more then 4 gig per file.

Need to format to ntfs first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Usually its not a good idea to export straight to a usb stick.

Better practice is to export to an internal drive first then copy over to usb stick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines