• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can mp4 and mpeg both be used with Elements 13 and Elements 2019?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My family video files were converted to VOB and I have them saved as both mp4 and mpeg. I have used both in my project. Is this a problem? I still have the VOB discs. Is it preferable to convert them to mp4 or mpeg for Elements? I have both Elements 13 and Elements 2019. I have tried the project with both and Elements 2019 is taking hours with conforming. Elements 13 is taking hours to render. I am having huge delays when trying to edit.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

You should be able to import vob files into Premiere Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to import vob files into Premiere Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your input. I’m trying to problem solve why I’m having trouble editing. I have tried my old Elements 13 and Elements 2019. I am merging old family movies with other mp4 videos. I’m loading videos and then using many small clips. Elements 2019 is taking an exceptionally long time conforming the home videos and Elements 13 many hours rendering, I think both the mp4 and the mpeg, but I haven’t worked that out. When I load the files they work initially but then I am struggling with editing. The video won’t show up, the audio is not working intermittently. I have closed the program and opened it again, and it has not helped.

I have already loaded the videos from my computer as mp4 and mpeg files. I could start again and use my VOB files if it would help. My home movies are in my documents which are saved in iCloud. Is one of the problems a delay with uploading from iCloud as I go in and out to edit each frame?

Thank you for any advice,

Suzanne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

S.Nadeau  wrote

Is one of the problems a delay with uploading from iCloud as I go in and out to edit each frame?

Yes.  You should edit files that are located locally on your hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks for the advice about having them on the hard drive.

Is it ok to use both mp4 and mpeg files in the same project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try it on a short sample project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that there is a delay with my files that are in icloud, but does the same hold true to having them on an external hard drive?The ones I have on the external hard drive would use up a lot of storage on my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2018 Dec 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

does the same hold true to having them on an external hard drive?

Yes, but not as bad as from the cloud.  Use as fast a drive as you can and try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines