Highlighted

Can not edit out unwanted video in the middle of a longer video

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am brand new to Elements, and I can not edit out unwanted video in the middle of a longer video.  I have read all the tutorials and follow the directions, but when I go back to look at it, the deleted material is ALWAYS still there.  Any suggestions

[title edited by mod for clarity]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can not edit out unwanted video in the middle of a longer video

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am brand new to Elements, and I can not edit out unwanted video in the middle of a longer video.  I have read all the tutorials and follow the directions, but when I go back to look at it, the deleted material is ALWAYS still there.  Any suggestions

[title edited by mod for clarity]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 30, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try deleting the preview files.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 30, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you detail the steps you're taking? I can't imagine that something cut from a video re-appears.

Are you placing the video on the timeline and deleting what you want to delete from it? If so, what happens when you do?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 30, 2018 0
Engaged ,
Dec 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lyle,

To edit out a piece of the video, you may find it easier to switch to the Expert Mode.

Overview.jpg

1. First find the video clip you want to cut from. Then click on it to select it. It turns a light blue.
2. Next, drag the current-time indicator bar (sometimes called a 'scrub bar') to the beginning of the portion you want to clip.

CU_clip.png

3. On the current-time indicator bar, you will see a split clip (or cut clip) icon indicated by scissors. Click on the cut clip icon, and you will see that the selected clip has been split at the point of the current time indicator bar.

4. Drag the current time indicator bar to the end of the portion you want to cut, and click on the cut clip icon again. Now you have a portion of the video cut on both ends.

5. Select just the part of the  video you want to remove, and press Ctrl + X (Command + X on a Mac) to cut out the unwanted portion.

6. Your video clip should automatically close the gap that has been cut out.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 31, 2018 0