• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can Premiere Elements 10 edit raw files?

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2019 Oct 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Can you tell me if Premiere elements 10 is able to edit raw files.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which raw files do you mean?

As in RAW photo's or RAW video files (unprocessed/non debayered video files) or just raw as in un-edited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ann

Thanks for replying,

I meant, as In I have shot some photes in Jpeg and Raw and now looking to edit the Raw files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what the E10 help says: raw,.raf,.crw,.cr2,.mrw,.nef,.orf,.dng.

Elements 10 has to support the camera raw plugin associated with your camera otherwise its just jpeg's.

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Elements 10 is about 8 years old.   I can say that the last few versions will edit RAW photo files.  By that I mean I can put RAW photo files into a project for either a "slideshow" or mixed composite with video clips.   Each annual version of Premiere Elements comes with a version of ACR (Adobe Camera RAW) and will update once or twice during its product year.   That suggests that if you camera is newer than Premiere Elements 10, it won't import the RAW photo files directly.  

There are ways of converting newer RAW formats to the more universal DNG.  That works if your camera is new and your software older.

I don't have any experience with RAW video files.  I suspect Premiere Elements can't do it even in the current version.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am obviously doing something wrong then.

When I import the pictures from iphoto it only imports a the jpeg not the Raw file.

I  assume I need to separate the two files first then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I believe the file is.CR2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Codec used might be too new for E10.

See updated earlier thread of mine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines