• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can Premiere Elements do Video Splitting (trim beginning and end without rendering)?

Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I often have 2 hour + long videos where I just want to trim the first few minutes and last few mintues to get rid of any superfluous parts.

I do not want to "edit" it and then render it out.

I just want to "delete" the first few minutes, the last few minutes, and then hit save, and the video is done.  No lengthy rendering times wanted.

I was told this is called a "video splitter" and tried a couple of those programs.

I have used Avidemux to do it with some success.  But that's all it does (I think).

Now looking for a more feature-rich editing program (hopefully under $150 USD) for Windows that will also do this video spliting as well as normal editing.

Does anyone know if Adobe Premiere Elements will also do this video splitting?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CBecks  wrote

Does anyone know if Adobe Premiere Elements will also do this video splitting?

No, it will not work that way.  You have to export if you want to trim and save the media.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it will not work that way.  You have to export if you want to trim and save the media.

Ok.  Thank you.  And by export you probably mean rendering it out, which probably takes quite a while, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CBecks  wrote

by export you probably mean rendering

Yes,  in Premiere Elements, "Export&Share" means "output rendering".  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Would not this work? If you are using the Organizer in conjunction with PRE, you can save the project file (.pre) after trimming. This .pre file is then accessible from within the Organizer. Then later if you want to do more editing you can bring the original video file back into PRE, edit it or Export it, thus rendering the file at that time. True, the original file has not be reduced in size at this point, so you have not saved the space that would be gained if you were able to throw away the part you trimmed. But it might help save time by at least postponing the rendering. And of course you have to manage the video using the Organizer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Elements won't do what you describe.   I've seen a similar process described as "smart rendering".  Although I've never tried a copy, there is a program called "TMPGEnc MPEG Smart Renderer 5" that might do what you want. 

If you find something that works like you want, I would enjoy knowing what it is. 

Good luck in your search!

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines