• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Access Transition Properties ~ Elements 2018

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After two years of no problems with transitions... this past week when I move a cross dissolve between two clips it doesn't settle between both of them but to just one... and worse yet when I click on the transition to adjust it... there is no response.  Does anyone have an idea how I can fix this issue?  I have a neat movie about water that I'm working on and need to get it finished.   -Sky

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If one of your clips is trimmed and the other is not, the transition will land over the clip that is trimmed. That has to do with how transitions work. (I've got a tutorial on it, if you're interested.)

But if you're saying that when you add a transition to your movie, the Transitions Properties panel doesn't open -- and that it doesn't open when you double-click on on the transition -- then something is up with your machine.

What operating system do you have? Which processor do you have and with how much RAM?

What is your monitor's resolution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm curious... why can't a trimmed clip have a shared cross-fade transition?

I was able to access the transition properties by double clicking on it,
for several years. Just lately this has failed to work.

My machine is a very fast 32 gb ram Dell with Win 10 Pro.

Perhaps it is the software. Is there an easy way to reload it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what you mean by "a trimmed clip have a shared cross-fade transition".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have experienced a couple of times what I believe the OP is describing.

The cause was a mini snippet between the two clips where the transition was to be placed.

If you move the timeline magnification to the right you then see this one or 2 frame clip & can delete it.

How do such things happen?  Presumably by not having the TLI correctly placed when cutting....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines