Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't add text to speech bubble in Premiere Elements version 15

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system are you on?

What steps are you taking to add the text bubble and where is it failing?

Does the text bubble show up in clip art folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10.
I choose the bubble from the choices on the right. I can put it in the movie, on a picture but it will not let me highlight ‘add text’.
I have tried double clicking, nothing works.
Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming you're in Expert View, when you double-click the graphic clip on your timeline, a pop-up will appear in which you can change the text. Is that not happening for you?

The graphics are essentially titles. When you add a Title, are you able to edit the text?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - I am having the same issue described above.  When I double click on the Speech Bubble i am not getting the option to modify text i am running Catalina 10.15.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I drag a speech bubble onto video clip from graphic panel but cant change the the text in it I dont want it on time line as that does not super impose it on clip I want it on, just creates a seperate clip 

any ideas

Raymundo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem solved this is how

When you add a speech bubble by dragging it onto clip from graphics panel it places it in video two on time line go to this time line double click it you can then change text and hey presto ,Roberts your mothers brother (bobs your uncle)

Raymundo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some functions might have been made easier to use by Premier Essentials. This is one of them. I had a lot of trouble making it work. Here’s what worked for me in Windows 10. First position the selector in the timeline where you want the Speech Bubble to appear. Go to the toolbar on the right and select a Speech Bubble. Drag it to the position of the selector on the timeline, but on its own video channel (You might have to right click on the timeline and add a video channel). Don’t be concerned that the Speech Bubble on the Preview Screen is not the size you need. You’ll resize it later. Sequence is important. Double click on the Speech Bubble marker on the timeline. You may see a flicker on the Preview Screen as the Speech Bubble is activated.  Slide your cursor across “ADD. TEXT”. The highlight is very light and difficult to see. Type in your text. If your text does not appear, the highlight didn’t take. You may have to delete the Speech Bubble and redo it. You can use the tools on the toolbar to select font, text size, justification, color, etc.You may now press and hold CTRL  and position your text within the Speech Bubble. At this point I was thinking that it would be nice if you could lock the text and the Speech Bubble together and move them as one. Well, you can. Simply click on the timeline, and they’ll be locked. You can resize them on the Preview Screen and move them to where you need them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should be simple - I should be able to double click, but nothing happens.1  Adobe your products are so frustrating and time consuming!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This NOT Adobe - this is a user-to-user forum.

You are using Premiere Elements version 15 as in the title of this thread?

If not its advisable to open a new thread with appropriate title.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines