• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't add videos because i'm missing HEVC

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't use this program because everytime i try adding a video file to edit, it says my computer needs to be able to convert HEVC and HEIF. So i went and made sure they were downloaded and they are. Also deleted my data cache like it asked me to and restarted. still nothing. can anyone help because i'm about to ask for a refund. Plus I'm disappointed I haven't been able to get help from adobe. very frustrating 

TOPICS
Error or problem , FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, if you are unsatisfied, get a refund.  

However, Premiere Elements 2021 will edit HEVC files and does so very well.   You have to have the one and right codec purchased from Microsoft's store for $.99.  I tried the free AND paid versions together and that locked some 'permissions' on my computer.  I got help from Adobe and all is well. 

It will help to know what operating system you have, what Premiere Elements version you have, which HEVC codec you have, how did you install the codec and finally how did you try for help from Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

spent over an hour doing everything a troubleshoot video said to do to fix it and nothing helped. also couldn't even find a phone number to call on their website after looking for a long time. i feel like i shouldn't have a problem at all but here i am spending hours to do something that should be easy and just work in the first place... finally googled their customer service number and got it right away to find out they are closed for the weekend... fun stuff, not frustrating at all when your business is on the line and waiting for it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines