Highlighted

Can't edit 4K 60 f/s from GoPro Hero 7 -loaded the correct HEVC extension

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a mixture of 2K and 4K (at 60 F/S) GoPro Hero 7 videos taken this winter. Now that I have time to edit with the Corona Quarantine I am finding I can edit the 2K videos but not the 4K in Premiere Elements. I get the following pop up for 4K: "Your system needs to be configured to import HEVC or HIEF type of media. Click on learn more to know how to enable these formats for import." https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/using/hevc-decoding-on-windows.html On Clicking it brings me to the Microsoft store to buy a $.99 extension. I know GoPro uses HEVC so I buy that one. The Adobe directions say "Clean the Media Cache by deleting the files present at the location: %appdata%\Adobe\Common" But I cant find that directory after searching "%appdata%" for all drives.

I've got all the Hardware for 4K, the monitor, the i7 and Nvidia card... editing should be the easy part. Not even GoPro has the software for desktop 4K editing, I was hoping Adobe could solve the problem. Any Ideas?

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't edit 4K 60 f/s from GoPro Hero 7 -loaded the correct HEVC extension

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a mixture of 2K and 4K (at 60 F/S) GoPro Hero 7 videos taken this winter. Now that I have time to edit with the Corona Quarantine I am finding I can edit the 2K videos but not the 4K in Premiere Elements. I get the following pop up for 4K: "Your system needs to be configured to import HEVC or HIEF type of media. Click on learn more to know how to enable these formats for import." https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/using/hevc-decoding-on-windows.html On Clicking it brings me to the Microsoft store to buy a $.99 extension. I know GoPro uses HEVC so I buy that one. The Adobe directions say "Clean the Media Cache by deleting the files present at the location: %appdata%\Adobe\Common" But I cant find that directory after searching "%appdata%" for all drives.

I've got all the Hardware for 4K, the monitor, the i7 and Nvidia card... editing should be the easy part. Not even GoPro has the software for desktop 4K editing, I was hoping Adobe could solve the problem. Any Ideas?

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 03, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem and I followed the instructions here to fix it (note my comment at the bottom on how to solve the problem if you still have it after fixing the permissions on the HEVC codec file).

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-elements/faq-what-should-i-do-if-premiere-elements-2020-fail...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 25, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm moving this thread to the Premiere Elements forum where you are likely to get more help.  In the meantime, you can also try using Handbrake, a free utility, to convert the file to a constant from a variable frame rate if that is what you have been using.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 26, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Tesla99,

there is a free plugin (Turbocut) for Adobe CC 2020 that adds Nvidia hardware accelerated HEVC and H.264 decoding functionality to Adobe Premiere and Media Enccoder on Windows 10. From what you have revealed about you hardware config yo have a good chance that using that plugin will help you a lot with faster HEVC editing.

In any case it is worth a try. You can find it in the Adobe Exchange portal (look for Daniel2/Turbocut) or directly at https://www.turbocut.com/  or https://www.daniel2.com/ 

Give it a try.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 08, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tesla99,

You didn't say if you have Premiere Elements version 2020.  If not, HEVC won't work.   Are the 2K clips that do work in HEVC?

Earlier this year it was determined that where both the $.99 HEVC codec and the free codec, both from Microsoft, were installed at the same time a Windows permissions error caused the problem.  If the instructions don't work, use the Help menu to launch online support.  They will fix it for you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 08, 2020 0