• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't get H.265 working on Elements 2020 on Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The main reason to switch to PSE 2020 (from 2019) was the support of H.265. But this support seams not to be existing in real life 😞 I tried a lot. And I tried everything mentioned in the documentation and in this forum. Maybe someone has an idea what I can try more than:

- I installed the HEVC Package of Windows before I installed PSE. It is the only HEVC Package on my Computer

- after I got the Message of PSE that HEVC is not supported, I cleared the Media-Cache

- I reinstalled the HEVC Package, resinstalled PSE, clreared the cache ... everything at least 5 times the last days

- PSE still says "no HEVC support".

- I can play HEVC videos with windows player

- I installed the most current driver of my nVidia GTX 1661 TI.

- I disabled the nVidia

- I re-encoded the videos (originals from iPhone) with handbrake and x265 codec ...

noting worked for me.

Has anybody an idea what I should try?

Thanks!

Torsten

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

The following steps (provided by Adobe Support - Thanks!!!) solved the Problem:

1. Issue because of Display Drivers – The issue might also occur because of Bad Display Drivers. To resolve the step, try below steps:
    1. Look for below mentioned files on user’s machine:
  1. C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Premiere Elements\18.0\Online\Bad drivers\All_Lang\BD1\BD2\EnableHWAcc.txt
  2. C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Premiere Elements\LocalBadDrivers.txt
    1. If any of the above mentioned files are present, then
  1. Delete the above mentioned files
  2. Del

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open a "chat" session with Adobe staff.  They can remotely troubleshoot.  Do that by selecting "Online Support" in the Help menu.  PLEASE post back what the fix is.   

FWIW, I had the same trouble for a couple hours.  I think the fix was uninstalling and reinstalling the $.99 driver.  But, that didn't seem to work for you.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @torstenr14487806,

Are you trying to import HEVC files on PSE 2020? HEVC files can only be imported on PRE 2020. Please clarify whether you are trying to import files on PSE or PRE.

Also, can you share the details of the HEVC/HEIF extensions installed on your machine.

Best,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The following steps (provided by Adobe Support - Thanks!!!) solved the Problem:

1. Issue because of Display Drivers – The issue might also occur because of Bad Display Drivers. To resolve the step, try below steps:
    1. Look for below mentioned files on user’s machine:
  1. C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Premiere Elements\18.0\Online\Bad drivers\All_Lang\BD1\BD2\EnableHWAcc.txt
    1. If any of the above mentioned files are present, then
  1. Delete the above mentioned files
  2. Delete the media cache

Import the HEVC files in Premiere Elements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't get H.265 working on Premier Elements 2020 on Windows 10, I am having the same problem. I have a high end Dell gaming desktop. I loaded the $.99 extension. I can't find:  

I searched for C:\ProgramData\Adobe\ not there then the .txt files nothing found. I should say I'm trying the demo version to make sure it works before I purchase. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I'm trying the demo version to make sure it works before I purchase. "

I have a gaming laptop and it does work.  I went through a couple weeks where it would not.  Somehow a conflict in Windows developed because there were two Microsoft H.265 codecs.  One was for manufacturers and the other for consumers.  If both were installed, deep Windows permissions got screwed up.    Adobe support helped me figure it out and then posted the following topic in this forum.  https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-elements/faq-what-should-i-do-if-premiere-elements-2020-fail...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much whsprague it worked! That was one complicated youtube video to follow, took me over an hour stopping and starting the video to make sure I did it correct. I did have two versions of HEVC, I updated the permissions on the newest one only. I thought of deleting the other one but thought I would try it first, since everything works I not touching the older copy. I have spent countles hours trying to get this to work, I didn't give up because my file worked on a friends computer thanks so much, now I can buy the program. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I did have two versions of HEVC, I updated the permissions on the newest one only. ... I have spent countles hours trying to get this to work, "

For me it was weeks!  I ended up working with Adobe engineers in India as they worked with Microsoft.  I'm never on a deadline so it was a rewarding experience making a connection with people so far away and in another culture.  They remotely ran my computer here in the USA checking and double checking what went wrong by having the two codec conflict.   I fear those same people may be having a more difficult experience with the COVID pandemic than I am.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bad news it doesn't work with all my GoPro Hero7 4K 265 Hevc files but it works on some, I get the same message about "Your system needs to be configured to import hevc type of media". Both these extensions are on my computer and the permissions is set to everyone for both by following the Adobe help video on this problem.  

Microsoft.HEVCVideoExtension_1.0.30442.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Microsoft.HEVCVideoExtensions_1.0.30443.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Bad news it doesn't work with all my GoPro Hero7 4K 265 Hevc files but it works on some,.."

If you can, consider doing yourself, me, other users and Adobe a favor.  Get on their chat system and let them try to figure it out.  In the Help menu is a choice for "Online Support".  It goes to a webpage where there is a little icon in the lower right corner that will start a chat.  Time zones, work hours and virus isolations may cause delays.  But, my experience is that you'll get through to techs involved at the Premiere Elements engineering level. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines