• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't get Premiere Elements 2020 to record narration via external USB microphone

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have a Macbook Pro (Retina; 15-inch; Mid 2015) with MacOS Catalina 10.15.7 (up-to-date).

I am an average user with some experience.

Recently, I have purchased a new external USB microphone (SAMSON G-track Pro)

I can use this microphone on this MacBook with Audacity and Voice Memos apps, and everything is just fine.

But, for some reason, I cannot use the same microphone on the same MacBook Pro, in Adobe Premiere Elements 2020 and in Apple Audio MIDI setup v.3.5

All necessary adjustments were done (see attached screenshots):

- Apple > System Preferences > Sound > Input > [Select a device for sound input: Samson G-Track Pro];

- Adobe Premiere Elements 2020 > Preferences > Audio Hardware > [Default Input: Samson G-Track Pro].

I need to hook up this Samson G-track Pro with Adobe Premiere Elements 2020 as soon as possible.

Friends, your advice and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Stay safe!

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First look at how I tweak the adjustments in this tutorial. You appear to have tweaked them somewhat -- but are you seeing your voice in the VU meter?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your response.

I had watch the video that you recommended.

Unfortunately, It did not resolve my issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines