• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't import files

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2019 Jul 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a new PC and Installed Adobe premiere elements 2019.  I got some files from OBS (which are flv files) and tried to put them on adobe.  I got the message of "this type of file is not supported, or the required codec is not installed."  So naturally i converted them to mp4 using VLC media player.  I converted them to H.264 + mp3 (MP4) at first.  I got the same message.  So i tried to change them to H.265 +MP3 (MP4) and i still got the same message.  I have a higher resolution screen so i thought it might be different.  So in Adobe, i changed the project setting a couple of times and it still didn't work.  However, I was able to add an mp3 to the editor and put it on the track not problem.

P.S I have an Intel i5-6600 3.3GHz processor and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6gb

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 06, 2019 Jul 06, 2019

Narly,

Premiere Elements seems ti be aimed at people using consumer cameras to record home video and has the codecs to do that.  Streaming and screen capture systems seem to need codecs for high compression to deliver content smoothly.  Premier Elements can be lacking for that process. 

The usual workaround is use the (free and capable) Handbrake program to convert the captured video to more common footage.  The most comparable seems to contain H.264 in an MP4 container file. 

This tutorial shoul

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I got some files from OBS"

What is OBS?  Can you use the free MediaInfo program and post the structure of the video files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OBS - Open Broadcaster Software - It records gameplay and audio for streaming and for youtube.

capture.jpg

Here is the MediaInfo for one of the .flv clips from OBS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2019 Jul 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's how to post a more complete MediaInfo report.

Using MediaInfo - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2019 Jul 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Narly,

Premiere Elements seems ti be aimed at people using consumer cameras to record home video and has the codecs to do that.  Streaming and screen capture systems seem to need codecs for high compression to deliver content smoothly.  Premier Elements can be lacking for that process. 

The usual workaround is use the (free and capable) Handbrake program to convert the captured video to more common footage.  The most comparable seems to contain H.264 in an MP4 container file. 

This tutorial should give you an overview and starting point for Handbrake:  Converting videos with Handbrake - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines