Exit

Can't reduce sound volumn

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings and thank for taking my question

Using elements 21.

I added music from the software music election. I cannot set the volumn lower. If I use the mixer it lowers it until I start the track again and the volumn return to original. If I press apply in the mixer, it makes no difference. 

TOPICS
Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which track is your music clip on?

Have you toggled open the track on your Track Header to the left so that you can see the clip's audio waveform?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to me. I have watched most of your teaching videos, probably not this one.

I have tried placing the background music in every track. It is now in music. I see the adjustment over on the right but it reduces everything, not just the music.

Must be a way to select the track.

Thanks again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much..hk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are using the "Audio Mixer" that is more complex than simple gain for the track.    

To adjust the gain you can expand the track with the small arrow button on the left and then simply drag the yellow line up or down.  You can also right click on the audio track, select Clip then Audio Gain.  

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to the above: gain is for input, volume is for output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines