• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't upload clips to Vimeo

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I attempt to upload an SD 360 clip (resolution 640 x 360) to Vimeo in Standard Quality, the process can't be completed. When I click Share, I'm prompted to Authorize Elements to upload to my Vimeo account. I then click Authorize, and a browser opens for me to log into Vimeo. When I do so, and click Allow to let Elements upload to my Vimeo account, the browser then goes to a blank page. In Elements, there is then a dialog box with a button that says Complete Authorization. When I do this, I receive an Error and am told "Your authentication details could not be verified. Kindly try again." I've done this repeatedly with no luck. I've closed and restarted Elements. I've closed and restarted my browser. I've rebooted my laptop. Nothing works. PLEASE HELP!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are too many changing variables between Premiere Elements and Vimeo or YouTube requirements.  That said sometimes it works.

A sure way to get videos to YouTube and Vimeo is to do it in two steps.  First, output a high quality video that will play well on your computer.  Then, second, use the Vimeo or YouTube uploader to put your video on line. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill is right. But how you do what he suggests depends on which version of the program you're using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Premiere Elements 11 to directly upload videos to vimeo for over 3 years with no problem.  Now suddenly this week, I keep getting the same problem as described above. I m prompted to Authorize Elements to upload to my Vimeo account. I then click Authorize, and a browser opens for me to log into Vimeo. When I do so, and click Allow to let Elements upload to my Vimeo account, the browser then goes to a blank page. In Elements, there is then a dialog box with a button that says Complete Authorization. When I do this, I receive an Error and am told "Your authentication details could not be verified. Kindly try again." I've tried this repeatedly to no avail. I have existed the program. Turned off and on the computer, and even used a different computer.  Still won't work.  Has Adobe made a change that prevents Premiere Elements 11 from uploading directly to Vimeo?

I tried the work around saving it as a .avi, .mpeg, .wmv, then upload to Vimeo, and it says the file is too large.  Same length videos I have been uploading weekly for over 3 years directly from Premiere Elements 11. Any help would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if you can upload manually?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Still won't work.  Has Adobe made a change that prevents Premiere Elements 11 from uploading directly to Vimeo?"

Not likely that Adobe made a change to old software.  More likely is a change a Vimeo causing a fault in the "handshaking process".

"I tried the work around saving it as a .avi, .mpeg, .wmv, then upload to Vimeo, and it says the file is too large."

I don't have version 11 anymore.  My experience with Vimeo is best with an H.264 codec in an MP4 file.  In version 11, I think I remember getting to that through the AVCHD output menus. 

" it says the file is too large"

I have a paid account and can quickly fill my weekly Vimeo limit. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try the two step process, of saving the file as .mp4 first and then uploading directly to Vimeo, but it will take so much longer, especially since we post 3 videos, each about 40 minutes long per week.  It is so much better when programs work the way they are suppose to work, and the reason you bought them in the first place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It actually takes no longer to output an MP4 and then manually upload it to Vimeo than it does to upload directly from the program because both processes are taking exactly the same steps. Both ways must first generate an MP4 of the program and then upload them to the site.

To export a video from version 11, use Publish & Share/Devices/Computer and select AVCHD with the YouTube preset. You appear to be trying to upload a standard definition video to the site, so choose the YouTube SD preset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines