• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't upload to YouTube...

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after I get done editing m video and I go to export and transfer it, it wont allow me to upload my video to youtube. please help, this just started happening. first time youtube rejected a video I created with adobe premiere elements 15

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two many connections and corporate structures involved!  Also, when Elements 15 was written, YouTube had different rules.

The most reliable method is to output a high quality MP4 video to some location on your hard drive.  Then, use the YouTube uploader to put that video into their system.   It is two steps, but it takes about the same amount of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey thanks, I don't currently have a hard drive (is there a specific kind you'd recommen?) I only have a standard USB will that work for now or no?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've not tried a USB stick, but it should work.  The point is not where you put it, but to break the YouTube procedure into two parts. 

Good luck!

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Damn it's  still not workin, I saved it to my USB and tried uploading it from YouTube itself and I'm still not able to get it to work. I remember you saying save it as MP4.. the file is still PREL. Do you think I'm missing a certain step?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The PREL file is not a video.  It is a project file that you have filled with pointers to your assets and instructions for how you want you video to look like.  Nothing can open that PREL file but PRemiere ELements.

You have to make the MP4, or video file.  To do that you use the Export&Share menu choices to pick out setting for a good quality.  When you get done, you can play it on most anything, including uploading to YouTube.

It seems you might be frustrated because you've not done any homework.  There is an excellent and quick 8 part series on Premiere Elements 15 on YouTube.  Part 1 is here:  Premiere Elements 15, Basic Training Part 1 - YouTube

Bill  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What is the duration of the timeline when you are uploading to YouTube from inside Premiere Elements. YouTube puts certain restriction on the size of the movie file generated from applications. Size of the clip also depends on the type of google account you have, verified or unverified. Verified accounts are allowed to upload lot bigger movie. 10-15 Min duration movie in Full HD (1920x1080) can be safely uploaded from inside Premiere Elements from both kinds of accounts.

Or, you can try what Bill has suggested. Export the movie first to system/disk in mp4 format. In that case, size and duration should not be a concern.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines