• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you add LUTS to Premiere Elements? If so, how?

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2016 Mar 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌I know you can do it in Premiere Pro, but is it available to do in Elements?

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 12, 2016 Oct 12, 2016

Hi, I am using Magic Bullet and it has LUT Buddy that can be used to install some luts. Don't know if your lut will install, but give it a try. It's FREE. I used a lut for my drone footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2016 Mar 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have not recieved an answer yet.  I've not used LUTS anywhere.  In my use of Premier Elements for a few years, I've not seen where it can be done.  However, there are color correction tools where you can adjust one clip and paste the adjustment to the rest of the clips on the timeline.

Only recently have consumer cameras like the Sony RX100iv and Sony RX10ii had provisions for log profile shooting.  It will be interesting how that works into consumer NLE software.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2016 Apr 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also looking for a solution to this. Pro cameras like the Panasonic GH4 have V-Log which require LUT correction but Premiere Pro costs an arm and a leg. I am looking for a less expensive solution. I cannot see any way to utilise a LUT plugin in Premiere Elements. However to normalise audio, Adobe do point us at Premiere Pro, yet Premiere Elements can do it easily, cunning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2016 Oct 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am using Magic Bullet and it has LUT Buddy that can be used to install some luts. Don't know if your lut will install, but give it a try. It's FREE. I used a lut for my drone footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2017 Oct 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea but again this what you mentioned.. is for the pro version's! I went to the site and LUT buddy is only compatible with after effects cc and premier pro cc, The question was if any LUTS can be added into the consumer version, such as premier elements, I'm having a similar issue but not the the video editor, but the Photoshop elements . I want colour preset's in that one, but no where to be found!!  Except if you buy this elements+ software, but I don't have tons more money to throw around!! Want a quick free fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anelson316  wrote

Yea but again this what you mentioned.. is for the pro version's! I went to the site and LUT buddy is only compatible with after effects cc and premier pro cc, The question was if any LUTS can be added into the consumer version, such as premier elements, I'm having a similar issue but not the the video editor, but the Photoshop elements . I want colour preset's in that one, but no where to be found!!  Except if you buy this elements+ software, but I don't have tons more money to throw around!! Want a quick free fix!

I have never seen or heard of LUTS being used in either Premiere Elements or Photoshop Elements.  "elements+" is not Adobe software and has mixed reviews. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 18, 2017 Nov 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the The Magic Bullet LUT Buddy from Red Giant today for use with Premiere Elements, using the After Effects option.  When Premiere Elements starts up, it scans the directory in which LUT Buddy is installed, such as C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\7.0\MediaCore. There's a log file that shows this. Lut Buddy shows up in my Premiere Elements 11, 15, and 2018. With the new versions of Premiere Elements, you can use an adjustment layer for the LUT Buddy plug-in and set the opacity of the Adjustment Layer to modify the strength.

I found that .3DL lut files from Adobe Photoshop work okay, but .cube files don't. If you have Adobe Photoshop, you can convert from .cube to .3DL.

The plug-in is not completely compatible with Premiere Elements, such as if you Render a Preview, then changing the lut file in the Buddy settings does not delete the rendered preview -- there is still a green line. Also, you won't necessarily see the results of applying the plug-in until you scrub or render a preview.

You can try creating a LUT file with the LUT Buddy, but after reading the instructions -- which are for After Effects -- I wasn't sure how to do the same in Premiere Elements. I just stuck with the basic loading of an existing lut file in the Buddy settings  (cog wheel icon).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can use LUTs in Premiere Elements.  Go to www.logarist.com and follow the instructions.

Of course, without a waveform monitor and vectorscope in P-Elements, it can be a challenge to get the levels correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2017 Dec 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does work and its a really good solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 10, 2019 Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm playing with the Logarist plugin on Premiere Elements. Any suggestions on using it after shooting in Cinestyle?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just put the .cube files in: program files/adobe/common

You can make your own maps in common to have it organised.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Elements does not support Luts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Uh Ann, I have Adobe Elements 2020 and it works just fine for me.

I have over 200 LUTs from different suppliers installed and in use.

- Install Logarist (https://www.logarist.com/#Premiere_Elements)

- Put all your LUTs in adobe/common folder

- Whilst editing drag FX Logarist in the layer you want to edit

- Open FX edit and choose the LUTs you want.

Works just fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines