• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you change a horizontal video to vertical?

Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have cellphone footage that I've edited in Movie Maker and exported. It's 16:9 aspect ratio with black bars on the side. Is it possible to crop the sides off and set the aspect ratio to vertical so that when the video is viewed on YouTube on mobile devices the video fills the screen? (I have Premiere Elements 15)

TOPICS
Export , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Elements does not have a project setting for tall 9:16 video. 

Here's my solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh this is so frustrating. I have the latest version of Premiere Elements, but I shot a video vertically because the subject was tall and it will be shown on a picture frame that's in vertical orientation (because it's mostly phone pictures). Shooting the video sideways would've included a lot of background that was just as useless as the fake one you create (although thanks for showing how to do it!). What if you're creating an Instagram story, for example? (Which has to be tall)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro can handle 9:16 projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe premiere elements is good for may common videos, but it is limited so you have to purchase the subscription pro version. I purchased Movavi or download Davinci resolve for free and it can edit vertical videos with ease.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines