• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you make time lapses in Premiere Elements 14 and how?

Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2017 Jun 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 120+ jpg files in a folder and want to make a time lapse video using Adobe Premiere Elements 14.  In Edit -> Preferences -> General, Video and Audio Transition Default Duration are 3 frames and 1.00 seconds.  Still Image Default Duration is 3 frames.  When I add media to project, error message said "This type of file is not supported, or the required codec is not installed."     What that means?   Where I can set up image sequence and frame rate?   I notice that the saved project is a prel file, not psd file.  Is it correct?    Anything I miss in the Project Settings? 

Your comments will be appreciated, 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 17, 2017 Jun 17, 2017

You're on the right track, setting the Still Frame Duration. Though do note that this setting only affects photos added to your Project Media AFTER you set the setting.

That said, what operating system are you using? What operating system do you have and with how much RAM?

In my books I recommend resizing your photos to no larger than 2500x1875 pixels in size (72 ppi). Oversized photos can choke the program -- particularly if you're adding over 100 at once.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're on the right track, setting the Still Frame Duration. Though do note that this setting only affects photos added to your Project Media AFTER you set the setting.

That said, what operating system are you using? What operating system do you have and with how much RAM?

In my books I recommend resizing your photos to no larger than 2500x1875 pixels in size (72 ppi). Oversized photos can choke the program -- particularly if you're adding over 100 at once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve, 

I use Windows 10 with 8 GB ram.   Yes. I set Still Frame Duration first before creating my time lapse project.   The error message said "This type of file is not supported, or the required codec is not installed."     What that means?   Where I can set up image sequence?   I notice that the saved project is a prel file, not psd file.  Is it correct?    Anything I miss in the Project Settings?

Thank you for your head up.  Wonder if you have answers to my questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,  to my first part of question: Can you make time lapses in Premiere Elements 14, what is your answer?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not Steve.  The answer is, yes you can.  The question is what may be "wrong" with your JPEG files.  Can you import one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi whsprague,   The issue was solved.  I guess the change of Default Duration to 1 frame helps.  then insert photos into timeline, render and make time remapping.   Thank you for the help.

Hi Steve, Thank you for your comments. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please mark this question as correctly answered, acanoe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines