Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

candid moments kills my pc

Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I get that Adobe company doesnt give a damn about any kind of GPU acceleration on this product

I have a high end RTX 2080 GPU and nothing is accelerated .... fine ... Adobe doesnt care but ...opening Candid moments on 1 hour 1080p video uses 29 GB of ram and 100% cpu (16 cores cpu) for 10 minutes of a time. This is unacceptable . I talked with support person and they told me to make a new user account . This is not the solution , why should i make another Windows 10 account ?

Adobe please fix your crappy software

TOPICS
Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Candid moments is not accelerated even if you card was on the approved list.

Such a task demands computer power. My cpu jumps to 100 also and memory to about 30 gig.

I am pleased it uses 100% it means it uses all it resources instead of doing half backed processing.

Might want to read the page again on accelerated effects in the timeline.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/using/gpu-acceleration.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not pleased at all that this tool is using 100% of a 16 cores 5 Ghz Cpu for 15 minutes . My computer is almost unusable during this time.Consumes hundreds of extra watts , makes computer unusable during this time , uses almost all my RAM ... a disaster

I gave up and used VLC media player and screenpresso to take 5 snapshots and took me 4 minutes instead of waiting 15 minutes while my PC is boiling

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could have done that with Elments.

Export image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No i couldnt. Export image inserts into video

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it does not, it saves to the hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why would i want it saved to hard drive ? I need it copied to clipboard so that i can past it in Photoshop . I need 20 snapshots , why would i make 20 files which i need  then to open one by one ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do you think the vlc snapshots went?

They are saved to the hard drive.

If you use Ps you import them in one go.

Same goes for Elements Frame-export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clearly something is wrong with how the OP is using this tool. Candid Moments is a low-resource tool that should do exactly what he needs without his computer even working up a sweat.

It certainly should not choke a decent processor. 

Something is wrong at a fundamental level. Quite possibly related to the source footage he is using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely nothing is wrong with my PC .

Candid moments is broken and a resource hog as confirmed by other user who has a cpu like mine core i9 8 cores/16 threads @5Ghz and 32 GB ram

I can play all modern games , use modern software like Matlab or Mathematica , compile in VS 2019 projects of hundreds of thousands of line with no sweat

My source footage is OBS recorded at 1.5 Mbs /sec at 1080p/30 fps  at around 1 hour

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So to repeat ....

Snapshot screen region of vlc  with Screenpresso print screen , paste it in Adobe photoshop  from memory

I want to do the same in Adobe Premiere . This is basic functionality nothing fancy . Snapshot a video frame in memory and CTRL+V paste it in Photoshop

How can i do this basic operation in premiere and photoshop without saving the image to a file ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't say your computer was broken. Only that Candid Moments isn't working with your workflow as it does with my workflow and most other workflows.

If you want help troubleshooting it, I'm sure we can figure out where it's bottlenecking.

But it sounds more like you want to vent. And you can do that too, I guess, if it makes you feel better. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there such kind os support from adobe where i can share my screen and he can see how this program trashes my pc ?I am willing to do this to prove once and for all my PC is fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know. We don't work for Adobe. You can contact them through Adobe Customer Care via chat.

https://helpx.adobe.com/sea/contact/what-contact-options.html

If you want us to help, you need to tell us more about the video you are trying to edit. Where is it from and what resolution is it?

Better yet, open your video in the free download MediaInfo. In MediaInfo, set View to Text and then copy the report and post it to this forum so we can see its complete specs.

But that's only if you're truly interested in sorting through things. If you're just here to trash the software, go ahead and vent. But this is a user to user forum. So there's no real point in doing so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have talked with support and gave them the logs of my pc . They will use their experts to figure it oout . I also made a youtube video to show them the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines