• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot burn [not play] disk on DVD player

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently bought Premiere Elements 2021 and edited my first video with it. After I finished editing, I tried to burn my project to a DVD+R in my disk drive. The program wouldn't let me burn a DVD, and I received these messages from Premiere: The first message was "Invalid location. The drive you have chosen is a DVD/CD drive. Please choose another location." Isn't that the drive I want to use to burn a DVD? The second message was "Status: Invalid Folder Location". Thanks for any help I can get.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a test... create an ISO instead of going direct to writing the DVD

Then use a program like ImgBurn to write the DVD

FREE https://www.imgburn.com/ to write the ISO to disc (send the author a PayPal donation if you like his program - DO be sure to uncheck anything you don't want from the download site) You may also use Imgburn for general backup of files or folders to disc

If ImgBurn can't write to the DVD, you may have a hardware problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this advice was helpful, thank you. I created an ISO file using Premiere Elements, and downloaded the imgburn program. This allowed me to write the file to a DVD. This DVD wouldn't play in any Sony DVD players, but it did play in a no-name DVD player. At least I have a way to play it on my TV screen. I've worked with previous versions of Premiere Elements before, and I've never had a problem playing them on my Sony DVD or Blu-Ray players. It's only with the current 2021 version that I've had this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Elements  links to the computer's operating system.  The operating system has to then links with the driver for the DVD drive.   The driver link between the operating system and DVD drive is what usually is broken.  Too frequently the driver get left behind in routine operating system updates. 

Since it is a time critical father's day video, consider delivering it on a thumb drive, YouTube or other device.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As you can read in my response above, I was able to write an ISO file to the disk in my DVD drive, so I don't think it was a hardware problem. Also, this project wasn't for a Father's Day gift, but thanks for the suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines