Have shifted from Corel Videostudio to Premiere Elements - and what a change. Premiere Elements is powerful but still easy to use. I have one major issue though. All my footage are shot in 2.7K - but I cannot create a project above 1080. In fact there are no presets for neither 2.7K nor 4K. This is very suprising to me in the year 2020. Why is this not possible...!? I am also trying to export a still image from my 2.7K video, but cannot get an export above 1920x1080.
There are 4K profiles in AP2020. I use them. There are no profiles for 2.7K. I use the ones for 4K instead.
Elements does not have 4k settings (4096x2160) but it does have UDH settings (3840x2160).
Make a new project and drag the 4K clip into the timeline: it will automatically set it to QFDH (3840x2160)
"The resolution of 3840 x 2160 is the dominant 4K resolution used in the consumer media and display industries."
4096x2160 doesn't have an aspect ratio of 16∶9
Create a New QFHD (3840 X 2160) project with Force settings.
Steps to create a project with the above settings:
1. File -> New Project
2. Click on Change settings
3. Under AVCHD -> Choose QFHD with required frame rate.
4. Click on Ok
5. Click on "Force selected Project Setting on this project" -> Click Ok
6. Add your media
You can also export your video at a higher resolution than 1920X1080
1. Click on Export and share
2. Click on devices and choose Resolution and other settings.
3. if you want to export in any other resolution or setting then
4. Click on Custom
5. Click Advanced setting
6. Here you can choose from presets or create a custom setting.